Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,410 Posts
I'm doing an interior house that includes trims, doors, and windows.
I would like to know if I can spray Cover Stain Zinsser through my airless sprayer. Also, I want to make sure if I can thin it with thinner. I know the product says do not thin. But I know is most commonly

Airless: X7 Graco
Tip: LLFP 310 (the green one)

Hope some help with that
Thank you
Do you paint for a living or just DIY?

· Super Moderator
4,410 Posts
So what are you spraying that requires an oil primer? It may be fine to run through your machine, but spraying out a whole house will be nasty and a bit of a fire/health hazard.

· Super Moderator
4,410 Posts
Lol wut? You couldn’t tell what I was talking about?
I’m talking about my opinion on spraying cover stain oil based primer. It didn’t like to be sprayed out of my 390 with a 517 tip. That’s all. It appeared the OP wanted to spray with a 310lpff tip right? At least that’s what I read. Plus oil based stinks terribly so I wanted the OP to let us know how his experience went spraying it, if he did, and not to forget a mask.
Understand woodco? Anyone else not understand? Carry on people, nothin’ to see here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe what Woodco is saying, is that it should be no problem spraying oil with a 310 tip. I just sprayed a fridge with Rust Scat oil using my 390 and 308fflp. Sprayed beautifully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.