Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
I wish I could find a waterborne paint that brushed good. Solo was good for a while but not anymore. I have not tried advanced yet maybe I need to. The proclassic hybrid is okay but doesnt dry very hard.
The Advance is a great product, but plan to have a bit of a learning curve. It will dry nice and hard as long as you let it dry an appropriate length between coats.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I wish I could find a waterborne paint that brushed good. Solo was good for a while but not anymore. I have not tried advanced yet maybe I need to. The proclassic hybrid is okay but doesnt dry very hard.
P&L Accolade is very under rated when it comes to brush ability. I wish more painters would give it a try. It has traditionally been considered kind of expensive, but considering the fact that P&L hasn't had a price increase in almost ten years it is getting priced back into competition by the other paint brands. It brushes nice, lays out extremely well, and cures to a very hard finish. The hard part is finding a dealer that will work with you on price. It was updated a couple of years ago specifically to improve the flow and brushing "feel". Also, because it is not a hybrid or a urethane modified acrylic the learning curve is not as difficult to master.

If I had had the monetary capabilities to become a BM dealer when I opened, I would have loved to be able to carry Advance. But I have been very pleasantly surprised by how well the Accolade performs.

Reactions: DrakeB
61 - 63 of 63 Posts