Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
21,633 Posts
I wish you the best of luck should you decide to tackle this - and don’t under estimate luck as a factor in these types of jobs.

Having done a fair amount of wood refinishing (cabinets, trim, window sills, doors, etc) I will say that trying to blend something like this without it looking like it was an attempt at blending, is one of the hardest things to get right. Add to that the extreme visibility of the areas you will be trying to fix and wowzer - tough assignment. And that isn’t even taking into account the fix the other guy attempted. Who knows what he may have done to make things even worse.

Sure, by all means, try some of the suggestions that have been made. But if it were me, before attempting to correct this, I would make it clear that at minimum, the entire two sections MAY have to be sanded out, possibly restained, and then clear coated. And if those sections end up not matching the remaining areas, then even those unaffected by the lines from track lighting may need to be done to facilitate an even look across all of the wood sections of the ceiling. Heck, you may even consider throwing out the word “painting” as a cost saving suggestion - though personally I would opt for staining everything a slightly darker color rather than painting the wood.

Again, not saying you will absolutely have to resort to any of the “worst case scenarios” I’ve described above, only that you might want to have a discussion with the individuals involved before you delve into any of it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts