Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gotta get this out of my house! My daughter only moved out ten years ago, lol. She’s making me paint it before she’ll take it back.
This was my final project for the night course I took in Decorative Painting, twenty something years ago.

Easel Table Art Antique Furniture

It was in style back then, sort of.

Floor Table Wood Flooring Furniture

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I’m going to have to break it down a bit. Since I kept wiping it off the paint peeled up a little.

Table Furniture Wood Plywood Floor

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool! Did you sand down to bare wood? What are you finishing with. ?
I had to really stop myself from sanding down to bare wood. It really wasn’t necessary. I have a bad habit of overdoing things. 🤪Plus, I couldn’t find my box of 80 grit. Anyway, I’m just using my trusty Faux Effects glaze with some paint mixed in. I tried not to get too fancy with altering the colors. I’m not matching this to anything. I will probably urethane it’s with some dull/matte/flat Lenmark/Coronado or Faux Effects Varnish Plus, because that’s what I have on hand.

Design Wood Metal Art

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sideways, good gravy. Anyway, third times a charm. I wiped out that section again. I’m fine with this one.

See why ‘faux painting’ furniture is not worth the time involved? Who would pay me $1000 to do this? Ha.

Clothing Green Textile Shorts Pattern

Wood Table Furniture Plywood Technology

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,247 Posts
Sideways, good gravy. Anyway, third times a charm. I wiped out that section again. I’m fine with this one.

See why ‘faux painting’ furniture is not worth the time involved? Who would pay me $1000 to do this? Ha.

View attachment 106273

View attachment 106275
Wow! I honestly thought you had stained it. That was just a wood graining effect. Amazing. You are very crafty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.