Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Paint Store Owner
5,550 Posts
vividpainting said:
I like waterborne ceiling white BM.
Yes ^^^^^^^^^

Muresco is also good, but if you have the option for the 508 WB ceiling paint, get it. Only a buck or two more expensive usually. For a cheap product, I like 2-112 PPG wall supreme. Problem is, it tints like poo poo and is not a super clean white. BM Ultra Spec flat is a good option for small rooms. Bedrooms, basements, etc. Its not as dead flat as the ceiling flats, so you have to watch for angular sheen more.

·
Delco, Pa
1,176 Posts
SW promar 200. Its the only paint I still use from SW. I haven't found a BM ceiling paint that I like yet. Any suggestions for around same price point? $23/gallon

·
Registered
226 Posts
s/w super paint flat. the very slight angle sheen never caused any problems for me .and i like the tight stipple it lays down . and the color extra white for ceilings.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
ltd said:
s/w super paint flat. the very slight angle sheen never caused any problems for me .and i like the tight stipple it lays down . and the color of s/w extra white for ceilings.
I only used super paint on ceiling once and I had to redo it. It was a big living room/kitchen they wanted flat on the walls and the ceiling and walls to be the same color. For some reason I remember the color it was sw croissant (can't remember what I ate for dinner but I can remember that.) The entire ceiling striped and looked like garbage. I redid it with masterhide and it came out perfect.

·
Registered
674 Posts
SW promar 200. Its the only paint I still use from SW. I haven't found a BM ceiling paint that I like yet. Any suggestions for around same price point? $23/gallon
I've been using Ultra 500 but it isn't as good as promar 400 flat for angular sheen.

Sw 200/400 never let me down on ceilings, I also would like a fair priced dead flat from BM.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts