Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Ceiling prices per SF

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hansen team 
#1 ·
has anyone seen any ceiling price per square foot discussions........

been looking but I cant seem to find anything

I am looking for differenent perspectives on pricing ceiligns especially spraying

thanks

#2 ·
there was one a while back, either here or on CT - I'm old, I forget - - - -ahh......what were we talking about -----PSST, Arch, the ceiling pricing per sf charge ------- OH, that's right.

For rolling (I never got into spray) My pricing for ceilings had the same sf pricing as walls. Although ceilings are actually easier than walls, there was always more set up time.

#3 ·
has anyone seen any ceiling price per square foot discussions........ Maybe, but no.

been looking but I cant seem to find anything

I am looking for differenent perspectives on pricing ceiligns especially spraying. new work? ceiling height? perspectives or answers?

thanks

When spraying ceilings you should back roll. Two people is ideal. Measure the sq ft, and watch your watch (time). Calculate the cost to make a profit and stay in business x your material + other factors that also allow you to stay in business, and you can come up with your own sq ft pricing:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I also remember a ceiling price discussion here this year, some folks said they would charge extra. I just roll them and charge the same as any other wall. If the ceiling is tall or lots of stuff to move or cover, that may take more time so that is figured into the proposal, same as tall walls etc.. I do not price by the Sq. foot, but if I did, walls and ceilings would be the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.