Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Painter & Furniture Refinishing
2,580 Posts
If it were my problem, I'd force some "No More Nails" adhesive into the crack, promptly clean the surface with damp cloth. Once cured, 24 hrs., it would NEVER come apart! The wood would break almost anywhere except for the repaired area. Once cured, it would be near impossible to remove the surface residue. I have done a few repairs with this stuff and I don't know of anything stronger AND it is not flexible, like caulking. Also, make sure the area is well supported while the adhesive cures.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I don't think the crack is large enough to allow me to work no more nails into it. I'm assuming it's a thick product?
No More Nails is no denser than caulking as it comes out of the tube. You get about 10 -15 minutes of working time with it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Glue will just crack again. imo. I hit all those types of joins/cracks with caulking. It's less likely to crack. At least then you wont have a black line showing..
No More Nails will never crack! I've tested it beyond what one might expect to be limits.
Something to keep in mind is this stuff should not be used where one will want to dismantle at some point in the future. It is not reversible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts