Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was anticipating using the HD Mar. " the one coat guarantee ".

So I bought 1 gallon semi for a kitchen hoping to cover in one coat ( white over light almond ).

2 problems:
a: I carried a roller (PwDove 10ml) that I was using for the walls which are :white I300 HD eggshell: and used it for the application of HD Mar Semi Ultra white base. I'm not exactly sure but after cutting a 40 sq ft wall in the kitchen I started to roll out the semi and it totally tacked up at half way.. left huge alligator skin on the wall. It was a solo day and I shut it down for the kitchen. cleaned my nap and did some trim while I cooled down. I think the eggshell low grade got in the way of smooth application with the semi.
b: I bought off the shelf and had it shaken (always) but I didn't pay attention to the guarantee which says " one coat when using the colour tints " OK! I said to myself I'll always add some tint to " off the shelf " BUT this time I didn't - what a MISTAKE!!! it does NOT cover in one coat OFF the shelf... so anyone buying HD Mar. should add colour tint to it in order to at least take advantage of a refund if NOT covered in one coat!!

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
I was anticipating using the HD Mar. " the one coat guarantee ".

So I bought 1 gallon semi for a kitchen hoping to cover in one coat ( white over light almond ).

2 problems:
a: I carried a roller (PwDove 10ml) that I was using for the walls which are white I300 HD B" eggshell and used it for the application of HD Mar Semi Ultra white base. I'm not exactly sure but after cutting a 40 sq ft wall in the kitchen I started to roll out the semi and it totally tacked up at half way.. left huge alligator skin on the wall. It was a solo day and I shut it down for the kitchen. cleaned my nap and did some trim while I cooled down. I think the eggshell low grade got in the way of smooth application with the semi.
b: I bought off the shelf and had it shaken (always) but I didn't pay attention to the guarantee which says " one coat when using the colour tints " OK! I said to myself I'll always add some tint to " off the shelf " BUT this time I didn't - what a MISTAKE!!! it does NOT cover in one coat OFF the shelf... so anyone buying HD Mar. should add colour tint to it in order to at least take advantage of a refund if NOT covered in one coat!!
I have never heard of HD Mar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts