Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
I downloaded SWs Color Snap on my Blackberry Storm 2, but it just kept making the phone freeze up. :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have both Ben Moore Apps and SW's. I use the SW more. I like being able to take a picture and match the paint color pretty close, for our use, not for customers. We've used if for painting some of our house

·
Registered
72 Posts
Adobe has an EXCELLENT color tool. Designers put themes together and you can create your own colors as well. Grab the hexidecimal color number or RGB and you can reproduce the exact color.

Website is http://kuler.adobe.com/. Unfortunately they don't have an iPhone app yet (it's a Flash issue I think), but I used to bring my laptop to potential client meetings and they all loved the site. Super useful for showing customers/clients colors on the spot... If you register (free) you can save your favorites.

Also, found a good link about how paint companies name their colors and how duplicate those colors using other paints (if you want):
http://homerenovations.about.com/od/painting/ss/How-To-Duplicate-Designer-Paint-Colors.htm

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been trying to get the Ben Moore app, but not luck yet.
No luck getting it, or no luck getting it to work? I have a Droid (Moto X) and it was available in the Android Marketplace.

Getting it to work is another issue. When I point the camera at a wall, how it displays can vary widely depending on lighting level, reflections due to sheen, and whether it uses the camera light. And no matter what color I point it at, it tells me the closest color is "Black".

Still waiting for the SW app on Droid. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,502 Posts
No luck getting it, or no luck getting it to work? I have a Droid (Moto X) and it was available in the Android Marketplace.

Getting it to work is another issue. When I point the camera at a wall, how it displays can vary widely depending on lighting level, reflections due to sheen, and whether it uses the camera light. And no matter what color I point it at, it tells me the closest color is "Black".

Still waiting for the SW app on Droid. :mad:
Touch the actual picture and it will change from black based on where your finger touches. Black is the color that shows up before you touch the screen. Color matching is not great though, just a rough idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Touch the actual picture and it will change from black based on where your finger touches. Black is the color that shows up before you touch the screen. Color matching is not great though, just a rough idea.
Lol - Thanks! I didn't even think of touching the image. Woulda been nice if it came with instructions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts