Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
House Painting Reading PA
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have painted on commercial projects from my Grandpas company, but never bid on one. I think I can be competitive with the pricing, but need help with putting together a professional looking proposal. Can anyone give me a example of one from their past bids?

·
Systems Fanatic
1,390 Posts
There is a lot of territory that should be covered in a bid, and it should be specific to the project. For example, you need to address prep, protection, safety, work hours, insurance, products, warranty, etc.

If you offer some more details, perhaps we can help.

In my mind competitive pricing is not an issue. Offer more value and you can get the job for a better price. Differentiate yourself and rise above the crowd. Price yourself competively and you are just a part of the crowd.

Brian Phillips

·
House Painting Reading PA
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just talking in general. I am wanting to search out the smaller commercial jobs until I get a portfolio of them under my belt before I go larger scale, but came across a three story condo project. I just do not know what goes into a bid when commercial is involved. I know how to put together a good residential repaint, but not a commercial bid as I know there will be a difference. Actully I am picking up the plans tomorrow on it and can give more detail later today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you bidding to a GC, Property Manager, Building Owner ect? All bids are different. Always include plan dates and sheet numbers. You can detail everything out you want but if the GC is one of any size they will make you sign a contract that will superceed anything on your proposal. More info would help -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts