Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
As a mod, I want to be able to see everything so I don’t have any of the boxes in Filters checked off. I find that to be the best set up for me personally, but you have the option to customize what you do or don’t want to see using the filter option.
That's the same setup I've got as well. No filters applied. Seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Joe, try this;
Click on the “New” icon. When it shows up, look for the box that says ”Filters” over on the left, above the first listed thread. Open that and the first box marked, “Unread Discussions” should be checked - that is the default setting. Uncheck that and then check “Save as default” and the green “Filters” box and then see if that doesn’t give you what you want when it comes to seeing new stuff - including your own posts. After doing that, let me know if you are now getting the viewing option you wanted.

As a mod, I want to be able to see everything so I don’t have any of the boxes in Filters checked off. I find that to be the best set up for me personally, but you have the option to customize what you do or don’t want to see using the filter option.
Yes, that's the problem.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Within NEW it does have a tab for New Showcase and also for NEW Gallery.
View attachment 110815
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?

Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on content you wish to share. Showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas gallery would be like a photo album.

How to Create a Showcase?

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and select “Showcase”.

From the Showcase page, click on “Add item” in the right-hand corner.

A popup will appear at the top. Click on “showcase”.

A form will open for you to fill in the blanks, such as title, tags, general information, etc.

Scroll down to “General Information” to content and images, in the same way that you would for writing a post. The first image added will be the cover photo.

Add any additional item details, and “Save”.

If you want to make any changes, including choosing a different cover photo from the images you added, you can do so by editing your showcase.

still doesn't make sense to me.

Why would I save pictures in "Showcase", and not just start a new thread or post them in my Gallery Page? Do new posts in "Showcase" show up in "new" feed?

·
Registered
704 Posts
A feature that I like is how you can share the images within one of your albums within a post.

Just choose one of your albums. (Open it.) and then copy the code below "Copy GALLERY BB code"

Example below.

I don't feel like I have enough control over the images in Gallery.

How do I re-arrange the order within a gallery, or add a cover photo? Can I create a gallery that is public view, but NOT go automatically into "new" feed?

The functionality of Galleries makes sense in regards to sharing images, but would to be able sort, customize and personalize my profile a little more.

·
Administrator
19,651 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Joe, try this;
Click on the “New” icon. When it shows up, look for the box that says ”Filters” over on the left, above the first listed thread. Open that and the first box marked, “Unread Discussions” should be checked - that is the default setting. Uncheck that and then check “Save as default” and the green “Filters” box and then see if that doesn’t give you what you want when it comes to seeing new stuff - including your own posts. After doing that, let me know if you are now getting the viewing option you wanted.

Just did that. I'll see how it works out. (Things shouldn't be so complicated for we old guys).

Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,651 Posts
Just did that. I'll see how it works out. (Things shouldn't be so complicated for we old guys).

Thanks!
Lol... you should see it from my side. At 67 I am learning way too many new tricks.

Reactions: finishesbykevyn
41 - 48 of 48 Posts