Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,924 Posts
In the past I have ordered most of my stuff from Vista Print. Shirts, business cards. Magnets. Although I may start trying to shop more locally. Like your local print shop or athletic/ work wear shop. Been trying to support local.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Love your nickname by the way lol. I mostly get them from a place that sells all kinds of shirts: funny mom shirts, rare band shirts, company shirts, beer bar shirts... They have a lot of types to be honest. I like the fact that the shipping is really fast. I got my family some pretty bad*ss shirts as well and all of them seemed to be pleased. My friend and I get once in 2 months matching shirts form there. It's kind of a tradition. You could try locals too! You can find some pretty good low-price Ts too. How to find them? Just walk down your street and neighborhood and look for the signs. I prefer the online version but it's totally up to you! Hope this helped you out. :)

·
Registered
Painter
9 Posts
Just curious what you guys have found to be the best place to get company shirts from
I just do mine locally. I mean Atleast in my experience anyways you might end up paying just a little bit more BUT your getting better quality AND most importantly supporting another small business in your community. I have shirts that were made years ago and have been through hell and the lettering is all still solid!! plus I get alot more "Options" and ideas from my local shirt person. And FREE delivery!! I actually ended up finding like 3-4 different graphic designers on Fiverr and getting each one to design me a logo package then i just went through and chose the best one out of those. was only like $15 per designer or something like that but i figured it was going to be something I wanted done right and something unique that only I had. This is just one of a few different options I use for my shirt's but they all have the same front logo

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did some work in that industry a while back. Note the following:

White fabric shirts are the cheapest.

Light colors are intermediate.

Dark colors are the most expensive.

Dark colors also require a "flash" coat of white that allows the other colors over it to not show the dark color through it. So printing on dark colors is the most expensive.

Some silk screeners will do the separate colors as separate runs of press. If you are running more than one color make sure you are doing business with a company that has a multi-station press.

All the above information is from 35 years ago. So take it all with a grain of salt. I'm still pretty sure that white is cheaper and dark is more expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts