Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a new homeowner as of Aug 2017 and I couldn’t be happier. On the flip side I am also finding many many things that need work. My home was built in 1936 and has been remodeled since (obviously haha). I discovered some paint chipping and peeling on the interior around a window. As I started to scrape away, I notice black mold underneath the paint and water damage to the sheet rock. Great. So I removed all of the sheet rock on the exterior wall to fix the leak between the window and the frame. While doing so I noticed damage to the ceiling as well and here is the real meat and potatoes of my thread:

Paint on the ceiling has somehow managed to separate perfectly between two old layers. The part that is confusing is there seems to be some sort of paper-with-adhesive layer between coats of paint as well. And yes, that’s mold also. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on here, and what is the best way to fix this issue in your opinion? Sand and paint...replace sheet rock...im lost!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And unfortunately now I realize that since I am not a professional painter I should not be posting here. I hope to not cause any frustration within the community �� Everyone enjoy their week

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
And unfortunately now I realize that since I am not a professional painter I should not be posting here. I hope to not cause any frustration within the community �� Everyone enjoy their week
Post over on the diy chatroom and a pro will be along to help you shortly.

·
Administrator
19,777 Posts
Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com .

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Reactions: Wildbill7145
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.