Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, My Darling wants virtually ALL of our townhouse interior painted...by me. Since we have painted the downstairs various colors over 7 years, I'm thinking I'll start upstairs and in the two-story entry(currentlyA&M maroon for you Texas folks). Upstairs varies from 'desert sand' to 'ramie' to 'linen' to 'ancient gold'. The "new" color is going to be classic SW Navajo White. The challenge of taking the maroon to off-white may be daunting; but here's my real question...
IF I need approx 6 gallons of paint, all Navajo White, AND I'm going to take a few weeks to complete this project..l
How should I buy/mix the paint? I'm thinking we tint all six gallons and I store them in, and paint out of, two five-gallon buckets. This would allow me to box the 6 gallons and paint from one bucket with ~2 gallons at a time while the rest of the nicely boxed paint remains in reserve in the second five-gallon bucket.
Does this make sense? My Darling(who has a degree in interior design) took a LONG time to settle on Navajo White(possibly her fond memories of our former house done in that color). I don't want to risk slight variances in paint color by piecemealing the purchase; but I also don't want to buy twice as much as I'll need. I'm hoping against hope that MD will keep most of the rooms downstairs as they are now(fingers crossed as I'm bored by Navajo White). That would be another six gallons or so for that project.

Pretty sure I'm not the first to overthink this as I have...but I wanted to get some input from the pros.
Thanks!!!!
Rick

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor, Christmas Light Installer
2,515 Posts
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

If you're not a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.