Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

461 - 480 of 499 Posts

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Just to clarify, the inhaler I referred to is strictly for prevention of asthma symptoms and is something I usually start using around mid-April. I wasn’t using it as any kind of advanced treatment for CV19. I am just taking extra care to try and avoid any asthma related breathing issues, just in case.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Rather than an inhaler, I would rather go on a cocktail of Hydroxychlorquine + Azithromycin + Zinc. One doctor in NY state has had a 100% rate success prescribing that cocktail. He's had zero intubations either.

Dr Zenloko is not the only doctor either. Many doctors around the world, like in France, have had great success with it. The trick is to get the treatment early when the symptoms first start.

I have my doubts that I can even get it here in Canada for coronavirus treatment. They demand testing, testing , testing, even though Hydroxychloroquine has been around for 60 years for Malaria, Lupus and Arthritis treatment.. It has a remarkable record of being safe and it's widely available + cheap.

Mr Smith, first I do hope that this is not what you think, or if it is that you fare well through it.

If you are thinking seriously about the hydroxychloroquine, all I'd say is to be particularly careful. I don't dismiss the possibility that it may turn out to be some manner of game changer once the efficacy and medical end/dosages are figured out. But it is apparently a very tricky chemical to use safely.

And I grew up within only miles of where Zenlonko is and where he is making his claims. He could be right on, but his credibility is also highly questionable. I've already looked into it because I still have a lot of family around there and the community in which he works was related to one of the first "ground zeroes" for the current issues in New York. And even if he is correct, whatever the "cocktail" would be would still require careful medical oversight and experience.

Please know that my comments are not out of any skepticism/questioning of your judgment, but all about concern for your well being. Just be careful whichever way you go.

(As for the zinc, one can OD on basically anything taken to extremes, but upping zinc levels is pretty harmless if staying within recommended dosages. Ever since it came out as an aid for common colds, I'm pretty sure its helped me anytime I've felt one coming on. Viruses, as I gather, just have a harder time doing their business in the presence of zinc. I've been using the nasal swabs some lately on the "well, it can't hurt" principle).

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Rather than an inhaler, I would rather go on a cocktail of Hydroxychlorquine + Azithromycin + Zinc. One doctor in NY state has had a 100% rate success prescribing that cocktail. He's had zero intubations either.

Dr Zenloko is not the only doctor either. Many doctors around the world, like in France, have had great success with it. The trick is to get the treatment early when the symptoms first start.

I have my doubts that I can even get it here in Canada for coronavirus treatment. They demand testing, testing , testing, even though Hydroxychloroquine has been around for 60 years for Malaria, Lupus and Arthritis treatment.. It has a remarkable record of being safe and it's widely available + cheap.
It appears that therapy has much promise, the say more studies are needed before it can be used to treat covid19 in the masses . There could be adverse side effects when used to treat covid19 patients....not enough known to say if it's 100% safe.

I do know those on certain heart and BP meds can not use the therapy as adverse reactions can occur.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Members have been warned about taking posts political in this sub-forum. No more warnings - time offs are now the result.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Right after I read your post I saw a CBC article about that stuff. I'm sure you've done your research, but here's the article. They do reference studies, and do mention Canadian studies that are currently going on.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...UzinmTlTbwaVHwE5aIdpi4Ln4DaT4OLwYMSMJmLmB2Bl0
There is so much wrong with that article.

First of all she is an author, not a doctor. Hydroxychloroquine has been an approved drug for 60 years and it has been proven to be relatively safe. Yes doctors take EKG's of heart before treatment. It wouldn't be an approved drug if it wasn't safe for the vast majority of users.. Like most drugs some do experience side effects. The female author was on it for 5-6 months. The average use of the drug for Covid-19 is for only 14 days. Big difference!

The bigger point is what do you have to lose if you are in a live or die situation?

It's called risk management and most drugs have some sort of risk associated with its use.

And the treatment MUST be given by a doctor.
The FDA has given doctors permission to prescribe it for Covid-19 patients.

Dr Oz, who is a heart surgeon, and countless other doctors, have touted its benefits. Using Hydroxychloroquine with Z-max is extremely important. Using it on it's own has been shown to be less effective.

As it stands today the Hydroxychloroquine cocktail is the most prescribed treatment for Covid-19 in the world.

Michigan Democratic lawmaker says hydroxychloroquine saved her life https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michigan-democrat-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-her-life/

Here is Rudy Guiliani interviewing a NY doctor who has had 100% success prescribing it to his Covid-19 patients.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Members have been warned about taking posts political in this sub-forum. No more warnings - time offs are now the result.
I just went through the last 2 pages of posts and didn't see anything political. What exactly are you referring to?

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
I just went through the last 2 pages of posts and didn't see anything political. What exactly are you referring to?
That’s because the post was moved to the trash.

Reactions: Mr Smith

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Another one just bit the dust. Don’t think we are serious about no political posts here?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Compassionate usage of untested drugs isn’t a panacea, but their usage for critically ill patients has contributed to saving lives which otherwise could have been lost. With my county now being at the epicenter of the nation's coronavirus battle, and with the local morgues nearing capacity, I’m all in for compassionate usage.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The thing to realize is the off label use means it's not approved to traet that disease. There could be conditions that are very prevalent in covid19 patients that do not exist in the conditions for which the drug is approved that would render the drug dangerous. The number of covid patients treated is too small and the conditions under which they have been treated not controlled enough to meet the conditions usually required for approval. Many doctors, being trained to work only with properly vetted drugs, are not comfortable with a full scale roll out....some are.

Of course extraordinary times demand extraordinary measures. Personally if I were diagnosed with the virus, I would want the treatment...with the understanding there is a slim chance there could be adverse side effects. If I could get my hands on some, I would probably take it as a prophylactic.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
You mean like?
Yes, this treatment was originally tried on diver's who had the Bends. It was studied by the University of Chicago starting in 2016.

The so-called helmets are only around a couple of hundred bucks apiece and can be plugged into the hospital's oxygen hook up in the room. Much less expensive than $20,000 or $25,000 per ventilator unit!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Was just reading an article about how my local Benjamin Moore dealer donated 17,000 N95 masks to Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook Southampton Hospital and the Long Island State Veterans Home. I thought that was pretty awesome of them.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf

"In this study, we found no evidence that use of hydroxychloroquine, either with or without azithromycin, reduced the risk of mechanical ventilation in patients hospitalized with Covid-19. An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs."

461 - 480 of 499 Posts