Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

41 - 60 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's highly contagious.
It has an incubation period up to 2 weeks.
Can appear asymptomatic.
Basically becomes Pneumonia, which is why it's so dangerous for elderly and "at risk" patients.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Now that politics is no longer relevant concerning Covid 19, does anyone suspect it'll get as bad as the Swine Flu? I hope not. Butt if it does, I have plenty of TP and marshmellos to get me through the apocalypse.
Do you eat marshmallows? What's the point it's like trying to eat air!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Here is an excellent podcast featuring Dr. Peter Hotez, a viral disease expert, which covers everything you want to know about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it (SARS-CoV-2)

I first heard Dr Peter Attia, who is an expert on longevity, on Joe Rogan's podcast. His newsletter is a good follow if you are interested in that stuff including fasting.

https://peterattiamd.com/peterhotez/

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Saw a story earlier today about a guy who, with his brother, went around their area buying up all the hand sanitizer, wipes, etc they could locate and then started selling them online for insane prices. Then Amazon and EBay froze his accounts and now he’s stuck with it all and can’t sell it. Not sure it was all true but if it is, serves him right.
Back during WWII, they called it Profiteering and in many countries they would have put him up against a wall and shot him.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
It's highly contagious.
It has an incubation period up to 2 weeks.
Can appear asymptomatic.
Basically becomes Pneumonia, which is why it's so dangerous for elderly and "at risk" patients.

Bingo. Pneumonia is almost impossible to get rid of for elderly. I've seen so many die this year from it, it's awful. Can't move around so it just keeps getting worse and you basically drown. Horrible way to go. It's not over yet either. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Saw a story earlier today about a guy who, with his brother, went around their area buying up all the hand sanitizer, wipes, etc they could locate and then started selling them online for insane prices. Then Amazon and EBay froze his accounts and now he’s stuck with it all and can’t sell it. Not sure it was all true but if it is, serves him right.
Back during WWII, they called it Profiteering and in many countries they would have put him up against a wall and shot him.
I saw that. Some guy in Tennessee, I believe. Legit, I think, as it showed him with a garage-full of product he'll likely have to eat.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts

Nowadays they just call it 'capitalism'.

Mr. Colvin said he was simply fixing “inefficiencies in the marketplace.” Some areas of the country need these products more than others, and he’s helping send the supply toward the demand."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html

True enough capitalism in its purest form.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
...Nowadays they just call it 'capitalism'
I think they call it price gouging. It's actually a corruption of capitalism. The idea of capitalism still stands head and shoulders above all other options. But you know this already as a store owner, right?
While there was a certain amount of satire in that statement it does fit the definition of pure capitalism and laissez faire economic policy. See Martin Shkreli and his tenure at Turing pharmaceutical for a high profile reference.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
So is anyone staying home Monday, or is it business as usual?
I was thinking about showing up at my local paint store Monday morning for a pickup wearing my full face respirator and rubber gloves. It gave me a chuckle just thinking about their reaction.:biggrin:

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Whoever thought that the most important and indispensable members of our society would be the restocking clerks at the supermarkets? They all be like, “ How you like me now all you PHD bitches?” :devil3:

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Whoever thought that the most important and indispensable members of our society would be the restocking clerks at the supermarkets? They all be like, “ How you like me now all you PHD bitches?” :devil3:
Nothing like a good crisis to level the playing field.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
While there was a certain amount of satire in that statement it does fit the definition of pure capitalism and laissez faire economic policy. See Martin Shkreli and his tenure at Turing pharmaceutical for a high profile reference.
Shkreli raised the price of Daraprim which is used to treat a serious parasite infection toxoplasmosis by 5,000 percent, from $25 a pill to $750 per pill. This isn't too shocking seeing that Shkreli was a hedge fund manager who are known for buying companies and tearing them into pieces and selling them off, bit by bit.

41 - 60 of 499 Posts