Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

161 - 180 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Did Rich stand over Tom... smirking, as he slowly raised his thumb in a positive pollice verso???

I'm dying to know, I have issues with tales without closure....big issues.:vs_OMG:

Rich wasn't the type of guy who would humiliate someone anymore than they required. Besides, slapping Freddy five was all Tom needed to see, to know he was defeated. Victory has a way of removing chips from shoulders.

Anyways, the Boys continued talking sh!t to each other late through the evening and early hours with the hardy cackle challenged only by a pack of hungry Hyenas.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Rich wasn't the type of guy who would humiliate someone anymore than they required. Besides, slapping Freddy five was all Tom needed to see to know he was defeated. Victory has a way of removing chips from shoulders.

Anyways, the Boys continued talking sh!t to each other late through the evening and early hours with the hardy cackle challenged only by a pack of hungry Hyenas.
THE END
:sleep1:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
This was in a local online newspaper: The CDC and other officials have said people should wash their hands often, including before, during and after eating; after using the bathroom; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.

So has anyone washed their hands while they were eating? I guess to conform one will have to dinner in the bathroom!
I've just been eating when I shower....or shower when I'm eating.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I just closed down the doors tonight. We got the state mandate to shut down all non-essential businesses. The paint stores will all remain open, as they are deemed essential, but to me its not worth exposing myself or my guys, when I can't find sanitizer or we don't have adequate bathroom facilities on exteriors. I had to lay off three, but hopefully they can't get unemployment quick and be ready to go when we can get back. I'm looking at two weeks, then monitor from there. Be safe everyone.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Had a customer arguing with me today when I told her I was suspending all work in occupied buildings until things settle down. Was supposed to be starting painting the trim in her house in the next week at some point. Kept repeating that her and her husband aren't showing any symptoms. Telling was the fact that she didn't even ask if either myself or anyone I'm in contact with was. I was actually getting angry when I was explaining that I had no interest in putting her NEWBORN baby at risk.

People can be really really stupid.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Had a customer arguing with me today when I told her I was suspending all work in occupied buildings until things settle down. Was supposed to be starting painting the trim in her house in the next week at some point. Kept repeating that her and her husband aren't showing any symptoms. Telling was the fact that she didn't even ask if either myself or anyone I'm in contact with was. I was actually getting angry when I was explaining that I had no interest in putting her NEWBORN baby at risk.

People can be really really stupid.
I have a long-time customer that insists I continue work as scheduled. I am really torn. On one hand they have been one of my best customers ever, but on the other hand its just not worth the risk.

*Is your dog a Belgian Malinois?

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
I have a long-time customer that insists I continue work as scheduled. I am really torn. On one hand they have been one of my best customers ever, but on the other hand its just not worth the risk.

*Is your dog a Belgian Malinois?
Whether she insists or not really shouldn’t matter. What is the risk situation in her home; how many reside there, ages, etc.? And what is it in your home and who would you be putting at risk if you went out and did the job? Plus, you will end up going in to your supplier at least once during the project. If you perceive of any risk at any point, that should be enough for you to tell her the job will need to wait.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Whether she insists or not really shouldn’t matter. What is the risk situation in her home; how many reside there, ages, etc.? And what is it in your home and who would you be putting at risk if you went out and did the job? If you perceive of any risk at either end, that should be enough for you to tell her the job will need to wait.
They are in the "high risk" category (above 70's), but don't seem to care. I think it is because they have been scheduled for several months to have this work done. It has been planned since last fall.

It's a small job, and could easily be re-scheduled, but doing so would create bad feelings between a valuable customer who given me a lot of work over the years.

My family is in the moderate risk range, but anyone can be a carrier and not even be aware of it - that is why this C-19 is so difficult to control.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
They are in the "high risk" category (above 70's), but don't seem to care. I think it is because they have been scheduled for several months to have this work done. It has been planned since last fall.

My family is in the moderate risk range, but anyone can be a carrier and not even be aware of it - that is why this C-19 is so difficult to control.
Yeah, we have some friends who are acting that way. Their kids (all in their forties or fifties) are having fits that their parents don’t seem to see any need for concern. If you started the job, you may end up dealing with some angry relatives.

Any chance they can go somewhere else while you are working (still not an ideal solution)?
If not, I suspect you already know what you need to do. :plain:

Reactions: Holland

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, we have some friends who are acting that way. Their kids (all in their forties or fifties) are having fits that their parents don’t seem to see any need for concern. If you started the job, you may end up dealing with some angry relatives.

Any chance they can go somewhere else while you are working (still not an ideal solution)?
If not, I suspect you already know what you need to do. :plain:
UPDATE: just contacted them and apologized, but told them (not ask) we will need to re-schedule the work for a later time. They were okay with it. One less thing to worry about.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
UPDATE: just contacted them and apologized, but told them (not ask) we will need to re-schedule the work for a later time. They were okay with it. One less thing to worry about.
Tough to postpone a job, but you made the right call IMO. Hopefully the weather where you are will allow a transition to exterior work sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Holland

·
Super Moderator
6,801 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
That's because we really only started testing for it this week. Plus you have to jump through hoops to even qualify for a test. The numbers are probably way higher than what's being reported.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yup just look to seattle. I saw reports of 10x what is being reported would be more accurate at this point.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
That's because we really only started testing for it this week. Plus you have to jump through hoops to even qualify for a test. The numbers are probably way higher than what's being reported.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Very few people in Illinois have been tested because of a still short supply of the tests and the proper masks and face shields for the test givers. From what I've heard the test requires that your nostrils be swabbed with the extra-long swabs. It said that up to 75% of the tested will sneeze while getting swabbed.

Gov. Pritzker has declared that all non-essential workers are to shelter in place until at least April 6. They want everyone to stay home except for going out to buy food or visiting a doctor.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I caught some of New York Gov. Coumo's speech this morning, as you know they have a huge outbreak of Covid-19, the most in the US. They have by far tested more people than any other state. As he said the more people tested will show a staggering number of positives. His plan of sheltering in place is to slow down the transmission of the virus and therefore the number of severe cases that need hospitalization so as not to overwhelm the medical system.

He has requested that the Federal Gov. start erecting 10 field hospitals in the state, up too 5 in the Javit's Center in NY city and is trying to procure as many ventilators, N-95 masks gloves and hospital gowns.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I generally don't agree with Cuomo's politics, but NY state is very lucky to have him in charge of this. Cuomo is doing an excellent job in just about aspect of this crisis.

I couldn’t agree more Lb65. He certainly looks and sounds like a leader that is on top of his game... hopefully not for a 2024 run though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 499 Posts