Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,509 Posts
Anybody know if home depot or lowes sells crawford's? i found the spackle online but i haven't seen it in stores
I don't know. For sure SW has it. What do you need it for? This one is great for small holes and gouges on walls.

Attachments

· Registered
10,572 Posts
I tried it years ago but I will give it another shot.

I have tried your spackle not long ago and it does flash.
I'm a mud guy myself, but I've really been liking the Crackshot. I tried it about a year ago after reading all the hoopla about it here, and really like it for the smaller nicks/dings kind of stuff. Was a die-hard Crawfords guy before, but this stuff is the shizzle.

17,887 Posts
I'm a mud guy myself, but I've really been liking the Crackshot. I tried it about a year ago after reading all the hoopla about it here, and really like it for the smaller nicks/dings kind of stuff. Was a die-hard Crawfords guy before, but this stuff is the shizzle.
I will give it a crack shot. I use mud and crawfords for putty. Tried many spackle for small wall stuff but it all seems to flash.

· A Brush Above
4,682 Posts
I dig the 3m. Pretty sure they mixed it with paint. I haven't noticed flashing.

I thanked Edgar cause I stand right beside him in this product. If I have tons of area that's a different story but for areas where "spackle" is needed, this works great. Crawfords doesn't knife out as well.

· Registered
1,745 Posts
Maybe I'll give the 3m stuff a try. My general philosophy is crawfords for nail holes, knifed off quick dry caulking for anything up to the size of a quarter (sometimes takes 2 applications), and spackle for anything bigger than that. Unless I need to break out tape or a wall patch, then I use mud.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.