Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Youngling
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is your favorite, durable, water-based, DARK, cabinet paint?

I’ve scoured paint talk for answers already, I just want more opinions as I’ve only used S-W for everything and am branching out into new products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Monarchski
94 Posts

I’ve scoured paint talk for answers already, I just want more opinions as I’ve only used S-W for everything and am branching out into new products.

Which products from SW have you used that have not worked for you? I like the Benjamin Moore Cabinet Coat but it has good and bad characteristics like most products do.

·
Youngling
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which products from SW have you used that have not worked for you? I like the Benjamin Moore Cabinet Coat but it has good and bad characteristics like most products do.
I’ve only used Emerald Urethane and it marred slightly with a gentle scratch of my nail in a dark grey tone.

Nothing else from S-W has been used my me.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,352 Posts

Assuming your talking for repaints? Depending where you are in the States, most guys are praising the Breakthrough V250. I've decided to start clearcoating my dark paints. I haven't been happy with any of them. Unless you go to a true oil based polyurethane. Like Cornado Rust Scat. Thats Tonka Tuff.

·
Youngling
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Assuming your talking for repaints? Depending where you are in the States, most guys are praising the Breakthrough V250. I've decided to start clearcoating my dark paints. I haven't been happy with any of them. Unless you go to a true oil based polyurethane. Like Cornado Rust Scat. Thats Tonka Tuff.
Yes, repaints. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Rick apparently likes to stop by once in a blue moon, and just call everyone amateurs without saying much else. Just borders on trolling, but I doubt that just because he's not very good at it. That's my observation anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
cabinet coat dark colors do pretty good.
I’ve only used Emerald Urethane and it marred slightly with a gentle scratch of my nail in a dark grey tone.

Nothing else from S-W has been used my me.

I haven't used Cabinet Coat in a dark color, but I mostly stopped using it on cabinets because even the light colors mar. I have seen it on a couple jobs from the customers finger nails around the knobs. I can't imagine a dark color is more resistant to marring than a light color. I switched to the V50 Breakthrough and so far, so good, although I have been using it for only about a year here and there. I prefer lacquer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts