Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first deck of this year, and it was in really bad shape when we started. Added 1x pressure treated to box in underneath for storage. Replaced the 1x skirt boards with pvc that were rotted. Builder allowed someone to use shelving boards. :no:

Cleaned brightned, and sanded. We then applied two coats solid stain to the handrails. One coat AC stain to the decking and 1x underneath. Clients were very happy with the results.

Full album link here.
https://picasaweb.google.com/100665853965833600607/DeckRestorationContractorsInDuplinCounty#

·
Registered
878 Posts
straight_lines said:
Our first deck of this year, and it was in really bad shape when we started. Added 1x pressure treated to box in underneath for storage. Replaced the 1x skirt boards with pvc that were rotted. Builder allowed someone to use shelving boards. :no:

Cleaned brightned, and sanded. We then applied two coats solid stain to the handrails. One coat AC stain to the decking and 1x underneath. Clients were very happy with the results.

Full album link here.
https://picasaweb.google.com/100665853965833600607/DeckRestorationContractorsInDuplinCounty#
Looks good man!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Straightline good looking deck I have a few signed up here in Wisconsin but won't be starting for awaile we got snow again today and there calling for more tonight and 2moro it sucks!

·
Dan
533 Posts
Its their new color Semi-Trans Mahogany. This is our first time using AC stain and I was surprised how easy it is to apply.
Good to know. I have 11 gallons coming in today, hopefully enough to get me through my first two A/C jobs. I've got a third prepped and waiting for the customer to decide on a color from my sample board. I should start putting down product late next week if the weather holds. I plan on hand brushing everything, then next year after cleaning, I'll try a stain pad for the second applicatioin. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We brushed everything. I was worried about my guys over applying and feel like a pad would have make it easier to do.

If your decking is really smooth and you feel comfortable about not over applying I think a pad could really speed up production. Still have to brush between the boards, however for a second coat it should be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts