Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
It's not ignorance. I thought the exact same thing when I first looked at em. The bulk of the money is for the actual pencil holder, and its job is to create a line at the exact same pressure & force every single time. Though it's ridiculously overpriced, the accuracy of your results using those pencils without the holder might be misleading. You could totally get by with just the set of pencils, which I think is just over $100. You'll just have to be cognizant of the importance of using the same amount of force while drawing lines by hand.
set of pencils is $20 at any art store- h to hb to b

If you do happen into an art store, let them know I have some artwork for sale. Thanks.

Premium Member
Did you end up "clearing" the cabinets?

A quick search online showed that there are actually a lot of "hardness testers" available...most other started around $500 and went up to something like $7000+ !!

Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
Discussion Starter #24
Did you end up "clearing" the cabinets?

A quick search online showed that there are actually a lot of "hardness testers" available...most other started around $500 and went up to something like $7000+ !!
No i didn't clear them as I was short on time. Also, the finish appeared to actually dry very hard. Quite impressive really for a dark colour. Although I didn't do a pencil test. At that price I may never do one either!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts