Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Never would have guessed this color was a deep base. I've been scratching my head all morning wondering why this color is not covering. I'll put this color on my never again list. 馃槀 Funny, but not funny.

Attachments

Registered
Never would have guessed this color was a deep base. I've been scratching my head all morning wondering why this color is not covering. I'll put this color on my never again list. 馃槀 Funny, but not funny.
I'd check with the store you got it from to see if they grabbed the wrong base to start with, rather than cut that color out completely. Sometimes cans get the wrong labels on them and sometimes people mess up and choose the wrong base.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
They didn't have the right base in stock. I wish they would've let me know, rather than mixing it all up. Not the first time my little local store has done this to me.

Super Moderator
My paint shop did that once when they didn't have the right base in stock. They said they were "forcing the base" which I'd never heard of before. Been dealing with them for years, so I trusted them. The first coat looked like I was using water colours. Second coat didn't look much better. I went back to the store, explained things and they upgraded me to Aura in the correct base. I will never, ever let them force a base ever again.

Registered
This happened to me once with dryfall. It was an off-white, so whatever, I didn't even look. It took 4 coats, sprayed, to get it to cover just over primed metal deck. It was a small connecting bridge between two buildings, and they had this whole colour scheme.... What a nightmare.

Registered
Paint
I'm wondering if the rumors of a paint shortage are in fact true. -____-
Paint ingredient and material shortages (including gallon and quart cans and their bails) are a real thing. Having to try to find replacements that will last until the usual products can be manufactured again is a non-stop job right now. Then having to convince the painters to use a different product is a whole other job. Everyone will have to adjust right now.

Super Moderator
Not sure if it's connected or not, but I heard recently that there was a major fire at some plant that produces resins during that big weather event in Texas. The guy who was talking about it was saying they produced the main ingredients in ABS piping and that was creating a massive shortage in that stuff. Not good for the plumbing industry either I'd guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts