Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a house in 2016 and it had this cedar siding on the front. 5 years later it was flaking yellow stuff of it so I called for a contractor to come over. They told me it was called rawhide or something like that and was very difficult to strip.

They gave a quote and said they'd done it before.

So they used a citrus stripper and then pressure washed it for around 2 or 3 days. Then took a handheld grinder to it.

2 days later they came back, applied stain, called it a job well done and wanted payment.

I'm looking at it and it just looks... awful... the wood looks 10 years older and chewn up, the color is completely uneven. I'm not even sure what to do with it.

There fuzzy yellow garbage all over.

The contractor seemed surprised I thought this was wrong.

So I have a few questions.

Is this normal?

Did they just destroy my siding?

How do I fix it? I've debated saying f it and just replacing with new boards at this point... can this be saved?

Thank you!
Brown Wood Amber Wood stain Rectangle

Plant Building Window Wood Rectangle

Wood Plant Flooring Floor Wood stain

Tire Light Wood Rectangle Wheel

Brown Table Wood Floor Flooring

Window Building Wood Brickwork Door

Sky Wood Shade Building Brick

Brown Wood Flooring Trunk Floor

Brown Wood Flooring Wood stain Line

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

If you're not a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.