Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn, do I love this place and the people who put their all into the opinions they express.

Maybe it's my love of irony that draws my attention and affections.

The irony of lambasting judgment as judgment about those who judge is made, the irony of railing against a "holier than thou" attitude as that proclamation is made from atop a high horse, and the irony of derailing a thread further to bemoan thread derailment.

Humans are MOST entertaining. I thank you all for being VERY human. :thumbup:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I like it here. Painters are a unique breed to start with anyways. You must be a little "off" to stay with this trade I've noticed.

When you mix it up from dudes all around the country you get wild varying opinions from really old school to new school . Along with old school attitudes and new..

There are some very unique personalities here.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
This place is so different than what I expected. Being my first online forum( online anything really) I didn't really know what to expect. Heck, I didn't even know people didn't use there real names.
I a very analytical guy, guess I expected a lot of talk about the technical aspects of the trade and business. This kind of talk seems to be the minority, and surprisingly I enjoy it all. Even the "old people pain" thread.
You can get beat down in a hurry though, someone referred to this as "quality control" and I can see that to an extent.
This is a cool place to hang out, the mod post I read when I joined seemed to be trying to discourage negative, slanderous posts and fighting. Maybe we all need to try a little harder on that.

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
Darn, do I love this place and the people who put their all into the opinions they express.

Maybe it's my love of irony that draws my attention and affections.

The irony of lambasting judgment as judgment about those who judge is made, the irony of railing against a "holier than thou" attitude as that proclamation is made from atop a high horse, and the irony of derailing a thread further to bemoan thread derailment.

Humans are MOST entertaining. I thank you all for being VERY human. :thumbup:
Would you expect anything else from a public forum?

It's also human nature to not allow just anyone to claim their superiority over others. Our inflated egos will never allow it. And its venues like this one that satisfy our appetite for knocking those people over. And if we're not doing the knocking, we're certainly enjoying watching others doing it.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you expect anything else from a public forum?

It's also human nature to not allow just anyone to claim their superiority over others. Our inflated egos will never allow it. And its venues like this one that satisfy our appetite for knocking those people over. And if we're not doing the knocking, we're certainly enjoying watching others doing it.
so true John, so true.

So many of these forums attract their fair share of inflated egos who appoint themselves lord superior over who should be knocked over for whatever invented reasons.

But as I have noted before, it IS to be expected from people who have found great self worth by being bosses and are used to having their directives followed by a cadre of underlings. It's tough to accept a role of mere participant and bowing gracefully to someone else's systems.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
This place is so different than what I expected. Being my first online forum( online anything really) I didn't really know what to expect. Heck, I didn't even know people didn't use there real names.
I a very analytical guy, guess I expected a lot of talk about the technical aspects of the trade and business. This kind of talk seems to be the minority, and surprisingly I enjoy it all. Even the "old people pain" thread.
You can get beat down in a hurry though, someone referred to this as "quality control" and I can see that to an extent.
This is a cool place to hang out, the mod post I read when I joined seemed to be trying to discourage negative, slanderous posts and fighting. Maybe we all need to try a little harder on that.[/QUOTE]

you serious?, man, you should be banned for that:laughing:

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
i still want to know who makes up this ''panel'' that decides who is or who isnt a ''force in the industry''............

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
anybody here remember when the handy goddess came to town??........boy was she run out of town quick. guess she wasnt ''industry'' material :rolleyes:

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You want irony? " distacted posters " lol
Thank you for picking up on that. I was wondering if anyone would :thumbup:

(I'm still disappointed no one got any of my April Fools pranks, well no one except for Schmidt))

·
Administrator
19,586 Posts
Thank you for picking up on that. I was wondering if anyone would :thumbup:

(I'm still disappointed no one got any of my April Fools pranks, well no one except for Schmidt))
Uh-huh... sure Bill. :whistling2:

Reactions: daArch and chrisn

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember folks, that some of us have the ability to edit the mistakes in the title of threads if we choose to. Sometimes I choose not to.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
so true John, so true.

So many of these forums attract their fair share of inflated egos who appoint themselves lord superior over who should be knocked over for whatever invented reasons.

But as I have noted before, it IS to be expected from people who have found great self worth by being bosses and are used to having their directives followed by a cadre of underlings. It's tough to accept a role of mere participant and bowing gracefully to someone else's systems.
:thumbup:Awesome!

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
you needed to do that ?!?!

Steve, you dissapont me
I thought maybe you were using a new-to-me word. (wouldn't be the first time).
I guess I was hoping to find:

Distacted [dis-tact-ed]
noun
1. sudden loss of a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; loss of skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts