Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently launched the online presence of my company Edge Line Painting and Finish.

There is some STIFF competition in my market online!

The top google ranked competitor in my market has whats called "Backlinks"--126 of them websites all accross the country.

Back Links are anyplace on the web that have a clickable link to your website. Every Back-link is read like a vote of confidence to a search engine robot and increases your rankng on google, yahoo, and etc

I'm looking for 20-30 people who want to reciprocate back links with me. My only requirement, is that you are not in my work area Charlotte, NC region

How it works:

--I'll post a link to your website in the bottom of a page of mine,
You do the same with my link on your own website,

--we email, or message each other to check the link to see it's there

-- as long as my link is on your site, yours will be on mine

The Links don't have to be seen by humans, the search engines will still read them

That's it! We help each other out :thumbsup:...

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I would suggest you do a little more research before heading down the reciprocal link road. The recent changes with Google (Panda, Penguin) may end up hurting you more than helping.
Focus on good content, sharing on Social Media, guest blogging and other methods focused on providing good info, rather than just for SEO sake and Google will reward you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would suggest you do a little more research before heading down the reciprocal link road. The recent changes with Google (Panda, Penguin) may end up hurting you more than helping.
Focus on good content, sharing on Social Media, guest blogging and other methods focused on providing good info, rather than just for SEO sake and Google will reward you.
Your absolutley right, ---in the case of automated link generation, or paying someone on ffiverr.com to "make 2000 back links".

But...

As long as the websites Have similar content... Ie two painter's websites, the links have heavier weight with search bots.

It also helps to have .gov or .edu websites link to you, but who knows how to get those for free

.... of course the algorithms are so advanced now adays that no single approach will give you an edge..... you gotta hit it with a combination of techniques, and give it time to be indexed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your absolutley right, ---in the case of automated link generation, or paying someone on ffiverr.com to "make 2000 back links".

But...

As long as the websites Have similar content... Ie two painter's websites, the links have heavier weight with search bots.

It also helps to have .gov or .edu websites link to you, but who knows how to get those for free

.... of course the algorithms are so advanced now adays that no single approach will give you an edge..... you gotta hit it with a combination of techniques, and give it time to be indexed.
Plus it doesn't hurt that another painter's website is likely to have the similar key words as my own...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've also listed myself on like 20 directories... manta, Yellowpages & etc. Still waiting on google and bing to process my "verification and then get on their maps.

On Yellowpages, I went from # 147 to #5 in 2 days, but today I dropped to #8

Got another 5 star review today, so hope that helps me in the future

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
The problem with reciprocal link juice sharing is that it tends to cancel out with no real net effect.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Also from what I understand is that back links are only as good as the sites they come from.

I'd rather have 1 back link from a site with a pr8 than 50 pr1 sites.
Exactly. I was extremely lucky maybe six years back to get a reply posted on a major news site. The site was so powerful that even this particular story/page (on pressure washing) was a PR4. I was able to call myself "pressure washing company" and the URL was linked to my posting name.. so basically it became a keyword targeted text link. The link was a do-follow and within a week (before google places) my site became number two in the world when doing a global search for "pressure washing companies".

Getting a link from a new website, and even worse a link from some obscure "links" page with no rank whatsoever, is not worth the effort.

Reactions: Rbriggs82

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Scott.. page rank. Its not how well a page appears in a Google search, it is more a dynamic of how popular the site is. Its also an exponential ranking. A PR4 is many times more powerful than a PR2.

Joe Painter: PR0-PR1
The local paint store: PR2
Strong forum, bigger company sites PR3-PR4
Manufacturers, megaforums: PR4-PR5

From there you have sites like Amazon, Ebay, Yahoo. Which are all probably PR9-PR10

The higher you're PR, the more authority is given to your links. If Sherwin Williams would link to your website from their homepage, it would be over. You would own the number one spot for all that is painting in this area and probably most of the country.

·
Delco, Pa
1,176 Posts
Scott.. page rank. Its not how well a page appears in a Google search, it is more a dynamic of how popular the site is. Its also an exponential ranking. A PR4 is many times more powerful than a PR2.

Joe Painter: PR0-PR1
The local paint store: PR2
Strong forum, bigger company sites PR3-PR4
Manufacturers, megaforums: PR4-PR5

From there you have sites like Amazon, Ebay, Yahoo. Which are all probably PR9-PR10

The higher you're PR, the more authority is given to your links. If Sherwin Williams would link to your website from their homepage, it would be over. You would own the number one spot for all that is painting in this area and probably most of the country.
Thanks for the info Ken.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
It still goes back to content, and serving your customer. How will a backlink to a painter in another area help your customer? Where can you get your links added that will provide a resource? I did a search for "charlotte north carolina business blogs" and here is one example. What if you did a guest post linking your site? Win-win.

Ken, funny you mention SW, they put a link to my blog on their page here,. I get 2-3 hits a day from the market I am targeting, so I agree backlinks are good, for the right reasons.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
That's awesome, Chris. What a great homage being the only blog listed. Kudos for the hard work and recognition!

Reactions: RCP
1 - 20 of 35 Posts