Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
repaintpro
971 Posts
dArac, one of my favorite model photographers like yourself is a perfectionist at his chosen craft.........then when it comes to the art he shoots for himself (personal stuff) it is very random landscape work. I think complex minds must work alike and they go looking for simplicity when photographing.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
That image of the random runner Cricket is framed so well and I love the B+W conversion on it! The lighting of the image is just gorgeous!
Thank you. I think that is the direction I want to take my photography, back to random people and finding a story...

By the way, I am going to work on giving us a subforum off the lobby, for photography but I need a simple name for it. We really can't use PhotographyTalk because it is a legal domain for another company.

Any ideas?
  • Photography Fun
  • Photography Den
  • Photography Escape

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I'm just making a subforum here in the community for now, so I don't need a domain name for this part.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Thank you. I think that is the direction I want to take my photography, back to random people and finding a story...

By the way, I am going to work on giving us a subforum off the lobby, for photography but I need a simple name for it. We really can't use PhotographyTalk because it is a legal domain for another company.

Any ideas?
  • Photography Fun
  • Photography Den
  • Photography Escape
Any of those work, although I have a feeling shortening it to "Photo" would be easier to reference it - and, I kinda like the feeling of a cozy personal space - "Photo Den".

BUT, "Fun" and "Escape" do describe the underlying purpose.

As I sit back for a minute and ponder, "Fun" is probably the most inviting to all the members.

I don't know, I could over think this ad nauseum.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
The reason I didn't choose "photo" is because I want it clear it is for photos we have taken (and related topics) but isn't a place to post photos from around the net like Facebook or something.

Paint Talk Photography Nuts?

Yeah, that doesn't work, huh? LOLOL

Maybe just...

The Photography Den

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Yah, that makes sense so people don't think it's a job photo gallery.

Would "photographers' Den" make it clearer to them? Without scaring anyone off?

Even someone who wants to ask HOW to take better job pics may see it as a place to ask questions, which, IMO, would be beneficial to the forum.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Oh I agree 100%. It could easily add to helping painters improve their photography for work stuff, especially before and after shots.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I went with Photographers Den for now. If we want it changed we need to do it tonight because after that we need to stick with it.

The only other idea I had was Photographers Hideaway.

den.jpg

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I went with Photographers Den for now. If we want it changed we need to do it tonight because after that we need to stick with it.

The only other idea I had was Photographers Hideaway.

View attachment 41521
Well, in lieu of anyone else enjoining this discussion ;), I'll offer that "Hideaway" sounds like a secret old boy's tree house club, rife with stuff old boys have.

(SORRY, couldn't resist)

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
It's a stage I have been stuck in for a while now, especially with iPhone shots.

Here is one more from today. Again, it is an iPhone shot.

Initially, on my phone, I do some editing using Snapseed, just playing with the settings until I have a foundation for what I see in my head. Then I upload the image to my computer and do touch up finishing in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

I tend to over clarify shots like these to exaggerate detail and I depending on the shot, I may add a filter from the Nik Collection or a gazillion others that I like to play with, followed up by some texture.

Those Nik Collection filters are addicting. I love that you can layer effects and morph into something exaggerated or just subtly enhance light in certain areas to create depth.

·
Super Moderator
6,801 Posts
I really wish I could do this one over. It's my son at Burger King and scared of the monkey at the top of the play area lol. Unfortunately I was on the other side of glass when I shot it which lets off a weird reflection in the pic. Oh well...

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I really wish I could do this one over. It's my son at Burger King and scared of the monkey at the top of the play area lol. Unfortunately I was on the other side of glass when I shot it which lets off a weird reflection in the pic. Oh well...
hahahaha, that monkey gives me the creeps, too.

·
Time Traveler
1,624 Posts
Love it, not distracted by the reflection at all.
A picture that tells a story is what it's all about with candid photography for me.

Technically all I would do is straighten out the jungle jim so it's not at such an angle.

·
Super Moderator
6,801 Posts
Love it, not distracted by the reflection at all.
A picture that tells a story is what it's all about with candid photography for me.

Technically all I would do is straighten out the jungle jim so it's not at such an angle.
I tried to straighten it out a little but I lost half the monkey so I just let it be.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts