Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am just wondering if anyone ever drags a paint roller against trim by turning it long-ways or diagonally so that it cannot spin.

I do this sometimes because it leaves lines on the trim as if applied with a brush and it's generally faster.

Anyway...just curious if anyone else did this.

Thanks Everyone,
John

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
That is some thing either a home owner or some one with no painting experience at all would do. The lines from a brush (are called brush marks.) are going to happen unless you spray. Maybe you should be asking this in the DIY section.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Also people that use a combo of letters and numbers are most likely not a pro painter asking on a pro painting forum. This site is for professional painting contractors. The DIY forum is for non professional painters.

·
Flog a Mocker
1,493 Posts
I do sometimes. Sometimes I take my socks off and turn them into mitts and drag (actually push) them across the trim. Once, when the customer wanted a brown accent stripe I was going to use my un...

Anyway, using the roller is a brilliant idea!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys. "TonyG" good idea with the socks haha. And "cdpainting" I'm not saying that I drag the roller to avoid brush marks, I'm saying i drag it because it also leaves what looks like brush marks but it's much faster since a roller absorbs more paint than a brush. Basically i'm saying it looks as if it was done with a brush but it was actually done faster by just dragging the roller.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Also people that use a combo of letters and numbers are most likely not a pro painter asking on a pro painting forum. This site is for professional painting contractors. The DIY forum is for non professional painters.
Hey I resemble that!!!

Maybe it is time to change

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
Thanks Guys. "TonyG" good idea with the socks haha. And "cdpainting" I'm not saying that I drag the roller to avoid brush marks, I'm saying i drag it because it also leaves what looks like brush marks but it's much faster since a roller absorbs more paint than a brush. Basically i'm saying it looks as if it was done with a brush but it was actually done faster by just dragging the roller.[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Thanks Guys. "TonyG" good idea with the socks haha. And "cdpainting" I'm not saying that I drag the roller to avoid brush marks, I'm saying i drag it because it also leaves what looks like brush marks but it's much faster since a roller absorbs more paint than a brush. Basically i'm saying it looks as if it was done with a brush but it was actually done faster by just dragging the roller.
So how do you do the inside of a door casing? With a sideways roller? The door casing to the wall? I highly doubt it is faster than a brush. messier yes but not faster.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I take my cat dip it up to it's shoulders in paint then run my laser pointer over what I need painted and I get those perfect brush marks every time:whistling2:

·
Banned
104 Posts
I prefer to put a hole in the lower side of the can, and drag it across the room, letting the paint rush out onto the baseboards, to a smooth even finish...

Try it, it works!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts