Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've Always wondered about this. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't, but I can't stand working in my socks, so I'll get booties if I want to keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yes initially, since there is snow, mud, slush etc.
After drop-cloths are down shoes go back on as we go on ladders,
move furniture etc.
I'm with ya on this George. I absolutely take my shows off. Even when they politely say "oh no don't worry about your shoes" I say "oh yes, I never walk into someone's house with these on". I take them off in my own house why not someone else's much nicer and cleaner house?

Once floor protection is down, then okay but I might take them off knock them together outside the door and put them back on, or slip on the interior shoes.

Exception; when it's pretty darn obvious that shoes can be worn (construction site, remodel, or low low end apt).

·
Administrator
20,265 Posts
There are people who don't care how dirty or clean your shoes are, they don't wear shoes in their homes. When arriving to bid I'll remove my shoes. Often they will tell me not to bother but I typically already have them off by then so...

Don't like booties while on ladders and changing shoes every time I need to go to my rig can add a lot of extra time to a job. Once I'm on site working, runners and drops will get me to where I need to be.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
When informed to go shoeless or with slip-on slippery booties, I inform them my insurance policy requires I utilize appropriate footwear that is safe.

I also tell them I have a pair of suitable CLEAN shoes I wear only in certain homes for times like this. It all turns out well. I provide the respect and care they are looking for.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I have inside shoes and outside shoes. When doing an interior quote I ALWAYS take my shoes off. When I work inside pretty much any house where the floors are finished I have a pair of shoes just for interior work. They slip on and off so if I have to run into the van I can throw my other runners on no problem.

·
Administrator
20,265 Posts
You have to remove your shoes in someone else's home, if requested. Otherwise, you're no different then a dog scooting its ass across their floor.
I will agree with that statement - up until I begin working. I'll do what is reasonable to respect their wishes and their home but won't sacrifice my safety for their floor.

I save my ass scooting for home where I can race my dog.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I wanna die with my boots on. And since I have no idea when my time is up, or how this estimate is gonna turn out, if you are worried about the soles of my boots I'll slip on these boot covers. That's the best I can do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts