Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
speed comes with quality
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm doing commercial buildings,whats happening is spraying without back rolling is working out fine but areas that can't be sprayed are brushed and rolled and the rolled parts are getting air bubbles even with three coats when they pop it looks like holidays are all through it but the cut in is solid and you can see the difference.Ive tried whiz rolling the cut in tight but I'm still getting picked apart.any ideas?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm doing commercial buildings,whats happening is spraying without back rolling is working out fine but areas that can't be sprayed are brushed and rolled and the rolled parts are getting air bubbles even with three coats when they pop it looks like holidays are all through it but the cut in is solid and you can see the difference.Ive tried whiz rolling the cut in tight but I'm still getting picked apart.any ideas?

What kind of rollers are you using? Is this new construction?

·
Systems Fanatic
1,390 Posts
I suspect what is being seen is a difference in the texture on the surface.

I've run into this before. We will paint an area in front of the customer so they can see we are putting the product on. When they see no difference when it dries they understand our point.

Areas with more texture will look like they haven't been painted. The texture reflects light differently and looks darker, i.e., unpainted.

This can happen on all kinds of surfaces, both interior and exterior.

Brian Phillips

·
speed comes with quality
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gotcha it's nothing I can't handle it all looks good after around 30 to 40 days that's about how long it takes that stuff to cure and for the sheen to dry out once it's flat it looks great.But I will make sure to point out the texture difference thanks for the help.

·
Systems Fanatic
1,390 Posts
When a customer is paying big bucks to have their house painted they start looking at it a lot differently, and a lot more closely, than before. Things that were there before you ever showed up start catching their attention. And guess who gets the blame? The last guy on the scene.

Anything you can do to pre-empt that will help you in the long run.

Brian Phillips

1 - 8 of 8 Posts