Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a little problem with a project i did a few months ago and could use some possible solutions.The project was specked out for a split coat 1)elastomeric coat and the 2nd) an high grade acrylic satin top coat.

The problem is that every time it rains the paint bubbles!!!

I had a fellow contractor with 20 some years come out and look at it and the conclusion that we came to was that the elastomeric wasn't fully dry before we put the latex top coat on even tho the manufacture of the elastomeric stated that it can be top coated 24 hours later.I in fact waited 72 hours before top coating and still this happened. :blink:

So what ive tried is letting it dry out for a few weeks and then i re-coated with the latex top coat.but the client says that it is still doing it.im out of ideas and would like to here from people who have had similar problems and what you have done to fix it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have pictures but the blisters are very small and there are like hundreds and then by the next day, with no more rain that is, they all lay down.And to answer your other questions, no the satin coat didnt crack. Any ideas???

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Yes! I just sent you a Private Message here. Check it. I have a lot of knowledge on elastomeric paint. And would love to help you.

Elaso is its own living paint. I don't think your contractor friend advise is good advise. Although he may have good intention. He is not understanding elsto. So email or PM me if you can and I will walk you through this.
Gabe ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can this happen by painting over efflorescence? i never had this happen but i always prime with eff-stop or use sealer on stucco first. just curious what causes this type of failure. how would you repair something like this?

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
You may also want someone to go visit the site also. I would suggest having your paint rep come out and take a look. If he is any good, he should be able to wright you up a specification to correct the problem......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts