Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
How much do you pay when I win? Tree fiddy?

·
17,849 Posts
Best idea I've heard in a long time.
You can also test his skills by tasking him to bring you what he considers to be the best thing off the Mcdonalds menu to the interview, but do not eat what he brings as inspection of the item and critiquing his choice will throw him off his game. Also do not eat what he brings as he cannot be trusted to not have tampered with it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Ask him if he gave you twenty dollars for a six dollar and seventy-three cent meal, how much change should he get back? If he cannot answer correctly within three seconds, he is a typical product of our current educational system. If he can answer correctly, he functions at least on the level of what any fourth grader should be able to function at. Hire him immediately!

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor, Christmas Light Installer
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Although the OP was in jest, there's an unfortunate truth to it. Finding good dudes is tough. Funny how I can post 2 separate ads, one stating a background check & drug screening is mandatory, and I'll average 1-2 replies a day. Take that same ad, remove the whole drug & criminal thing, and get 20-30 replies a day. Hmmm. That's odd.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Although the OP was in jest, there's an unfortunate truth to it. Finding good dudes is tough. Funny how I can post 2 separate ads, one stating a background check & drug screening is mandatory, and I'll average 1-2 replies a day. Take that same ad, remove the whole drug & criminal thing, and get 20-30 replies a day. Hmmm. That's odd.
Seeing that Oregon is a rec. marijuana state do you require employees to test free of pot?

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor, Christmas Light Installer
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drug screening employees

Seeing that Oregon is a rec. marijuana state do you require employees to test free of pot?
That's a great question. Although test results will confirm whether or not marijuana is in their system, I don't know if I can legally use that as a criteria for hiring/not hiring. I would think so, since I'd consider it to be a safety risk, especially working at heights, ladders, etc. One of the things I need to consult with my attorney about to make the updated changes. Since the legalization, I honestly don't even know to what I can/can't ask in that regard. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I don't even know. Thanks for the reminder, seriously.

Side note...this is why I never thought that marijuana would be legalized, since I don't know of any test that could confirm whether or not the person is currently under the influence, vs. just having partaken within the last month. I'm not trying to get this moved to the PZ, so I'll stay as PC as possible with respect to the subject. Could you potentially pay more WC coverage for employees who consume it legally? Still probably too early to tell. Will be interesting to see how the rules & regs evolve over time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts