Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I would rate the employee a 7. He does ok work. I have to really be to be there working along side him to make sure things get done to my standards, but he shows up everyday ready to work. Trust me though, he is not even close to ready to even try to run his own show. At this point he definitely needs me more than I need him, but he is a good kid and I am willing to deal with his mistakes. The whole point of this thread was to show him the thread to further instill what I already told him, which was that it wasn't right and that others would probably fire him on the spot. Some of you helped reinforce that while others are making me think twice about showing the thread to him.:blink: I know I am probably over doing it here and I will try to relax now.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
victmor said:
I would rate the employee a 7. He does ok work. I have to really be to be there working along side him to make sure things get done to my standards, but he shows up everyday ready to work. Trust me though, he is not even close to ready to even try to run his own show. At this point he definitely needs me more than I need him, but he is a good kid and I am willing to deal with his mistakes. The whole point of this thread was to show him the thread to further instill what I already told him, which was that it wasn't right and that others would probably fire him on the spot. Some of you helped reinforce that while others are making me think twice about showing the thread to him.:blink: I know I am probably over doing it here and I will try to relax now.

Gday Vic

Mate after reading your post above looks like
Your
Worker has a good boss : )

If your giving your worker 7 thats good : )

Ask him what he would score you out of ten ?

Seriously who started this new painttalk scoring system ? lol

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
Hey, dude. Yeah you. Yeah so your boss is having you read this thread in hopes of learning you a lesson real good. He's like "hey, I wanna show you something important, this is one of lifes important lessons, bla bla bla".

Dude so ok, good job on fixing the water line, somebody had to do it. But ease up on taking jobs from your boss. He doesn't seem to fancy it.

Rock on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I mean, at this point, you've already told him no to do that. Anything else is just rubbing his face in it. Time to move on to the next job and let it go. If it happens again, do whatever you want. It's your business. Run it how you want.

Sent from my iPhone using PaintTalk

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Also, he wishes you would get to the jobsite a few minutes earlier, tell him when your getting low on sundries and materials, not out, take better care of your hand tools, and maybe spend just a few extra minutes on personal hygiene:)

·
Premium Member
14,974 Posts
Hey Employee, if you're still viewing this thread with your boss, understand that you can do exactly what he's doing and probably more, as exemplified by your ability to trouble shoot some plumbing problems.

Being a successful painting contractor is no harder then bathing and brushing your teeth, as bender suggested. A little BS'ng the customer and a little charm, and you're on your way! Besides, it appears you already have a knack for it.

Now's the time to give your boss a big hug for exposing you to these important life lessons. Also, tell him it WOULD be just fine and dandy if he took you out to lunch.

P.S. Don't forget to take the opportunity to ask for a raise.

Man that was fun!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Hey Employee, if you're still viewing this thread with your boss, understand that you can do exactly what he's doing and probably more, as exemplified by your ability to trouble shoot some plumbing problems.

Being a successful painting contractor is no harder then bathing and brushing your teeth, as bender suggested. A little BS'ng the customer and a little charm, and you're on your way! Besides, it appears you already have a knack for it.

Now's the time to give your boss a big hug for exposing you to these important life lessons. Also, tell him it WOULD be just fine and dandy if he took you out to lunch.

P.S. Don't forget to take the opportunity to ask for a raise.

Man that was fun!
CA, You are on a roll lately! :thumbsup:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts