Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get some experience feedback on estimating window glazing jobs. Is there a rough formula that any of you use to start.

I have an older home that has storm windows of the old wood frame and pane style. Each storm has about 20 or more panes of glass that hinges at the top with double hung window inside.

These storms and windows have not been care for in a long time so most of the old glazing needs dug out and then re-glazed.

Is there a per pane figure that I could start with in considering the estimated times for accomplishing this task?

Thanks for the help and feedback.

Larry

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the response. I was looking for just a "time" estimate and some of you provided that............thanks. :)

I alway recommend replacement windows but this was an older house and I was under the impression that the HO wanted to maintain it's originality.

I finally decided after some research and past experience that the window would cost at least $500 per window to reglaze and restore. I gave this info to the HO and she decide to have newer windows put in. I told her that was wise.

The windows were 5 panes high with 4 each across.

It would have taken 2 or more days each window unit to re-glaze and restore. I do have lots of glazing experience. I just hadn't bid on a glazing job before. My experience is from the days when I worked for someone else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.