Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Ever apply for Grants

7K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  Stretch67 
What do you need an 18' trailer for? Living space?
hahah well remember his website says he lives alone. Not sure how the kids would like spending time with daddy then though. An 18 footer is probably a little extreme for a painter. You already have a truck, just use that. Not a strong day for you Sev, with the grants post and the I like Behr post. The thing about grants is . . . you have to pay them back.

Sev

Sorry, there is no welfare for paint companies. You either sink or you swim.

If you have no money, the following people do not care:

The IRS
The State Tax Dept.
Your insurance company
Your bank
Your suppliers
Any other creditors (people you pay money to)
Your customers
Your employees

Its sink or swim. You havent even started yet and you are looking for a life raft. Sharks patrol these waters. Dont let your fingers dangle in the water.
Your employees do care if their checks bounce. So do the rest of the guys. Lots of sharks in these waters Sev. I am not going to lie, I would never recommend starting something as hard as a painting business to anyone. ever. We are really trying to help.

Although its not to bad in the Rochester area. I do have a topper but, it don't do anything when the washer and the sprayer sit higher then the topper. So its no good there.
nothing a little card board or rosin paper couldn't fix (if you have a cap and are trying to render them not visible)
I totally agree with the whole trailer thing that people see those and see a gold mine. Neps idea of a cube van would be ideal. You can get one for less than your trailer, store all your crap in there, set up your spray shop, ext. You could even mount a curtain on the ceiling so that you could store stuff in your spray shop and then when you want to spray, just pull the curtain to close it off. But yah, start slow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.