Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

excess plaster on wood moldings

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BasilBrush 
#1 ·
Hi
I'm looking for any advice on how to create a straight (as possible) line between a newly (slightly uneven) plastered ceiling and the wooden crown moldings. I've cleaned and sanded the wood to remove the excess plaster on all but the vertical section that meets the ceiling. Some parts have a couple of mm wood exposed, whilst in other areas it's completely covered such as the corners. I don't want to sand away too much plaster and risk creating a gap and the plaster is a few weeks old and pretty thick in places. I was either thinking of using a steel cutting edge to create the line and paint over some of the plaster, or by following the plasterers line and only painting the exposed wood. Either way Please forgive me if this is a newbie question and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Basil

#3 ·
Do you mean an electric multi tool with different heads? Wish I had one, just got started up 6 months ago and don't have the budget yet. After hand sanding the ceiling to prep for paint, i'm beginning to see the need.
Cheers though, any other thoughts Delta?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.