Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently joined this forum, as I found this as a very informative outlet for Paint Contractors and thought this would be a beneficial tool.

Anyways,

I've been a painter for over 12 years now, since I was 17. I've worked on various crews over the years, and more recently, worked in a corporate office setting, continuing painting jobs on the side, and building my word-of-mouth referrals.

I've come to the realization that I have no interest/patience working in a 9-5 office setting, and that I need to be my own boss, running my own operation. I have decided that I want to expand my customer base and re-vamp my marketing strategies- which includes my company name to adhere to a clientele with deeper pockets.

I've had some difficulties thinking of company names, but I want my name in the business name to establish an intimate and personal aspect, as well as describe what my services offered are. Here are a few names I've come up with, and would love to hear everybody's feedback/comments!

Levas Precision Painting and Design
Levas Quality Painting and Design
Levas Residential Painting and Outdoor Design
Levas Painting and Home Improvement

·
Registered
546 Posts
Unless your determined to have your name in there, it kinda limits your creative options. They are all acceptable, and all boring and standard. But there is no absolute need to have something catchy and easy to remember.
I personally would have trouble remembering your name because it is fairly uncommon. Unique, yes, easy to remember...not so much.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Personally, I like #1. Another thing to consider when picking a company name is if the URL is available. If can't get the URL the. I'd recommend choosing another name.

Also, I'm curious why you've included the word "design" in three of the names? What are you designing? Or do you think adding the word makes you company sound more high-end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,001 Posts
For SEO purposes, you might consider the addition of your service area in your company name, even if it means having to omit your personal name...unless you wanted to put a little flavor In it, like, "Leave-us to do the painting"?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! @ PNW Painter... My father will be designing and building custom exterior elements such as shutters, doors, gates, fences, etc...

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
Tlev104,

Sorry for pointing out the anagram in your name. It's something that I often find myself doing. I'm sure you've also had plenty of time to notice the anagram.

And given the hoaxters that drop in occasionally, I thought it might have been someone trying to be clever. So with that, I offer my opinion.

1. Implies you're a designer. Are you?
2. Also implies you're a designer
3. Designer
4. Implies you are a GC. Are you?

Unless you are a designer or GC, I like the simplicity of "Levas Painting".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts