Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original account has NOTHING for setting up a biz page with. I have NO idea why. SO I go and start a new page for the biz page and it is actually a personal page (I read that facebook will delete multiple pages if they see duplicates by the same person..) cause I didn't want to start another one and get my orginal erased. I am building a new site and went to add a fan page button for my site and found out just how screwed up it was last night.. it won't let me do a fan button from my biz account cause it sees it as a personal account :censored: SO now I have 2 personals (1 being biz) and the actual biz facebook page is a secondary page I thought was really the personal when setting up biz page :blink::blink:

How do I undo this mess without erasing an account and having to start over again?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
My original account has NOTHING for setting up a biz page with. I have NO idea why. SO I go and start a new page for the biz page and it is actually a personal page (I read that facebook will delete multiple pages if they see duplicates by the same person..) cause I didn't want to start another one and get my orginal erased. I am building a new site and went to add a fan page button for my site and found out just how screwed up it was last night.. it won't let me do a fan button from my biz account cause it sees it as a personal account :censored: SO now I have 2 personals (1 being biz) and the actual biz facebook page is a secondary page I thought was really the personal when setting up biz page :blink::blink:

How do I undo this mess without erasing an account and having to start over again?
Your going to have to take down the first site and start over.
I did the same as you did at first and had to start over. Give me a call and we can talk about it.

·
Super Moderator
6,463 Posts
Delete your new "biz" page, and go back to your original personal page.
Then, navigate to someone else's biz page, like this one ( I know, I don't have much there yet, but will soon, feel free to become a fan now before the holiday rush):

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/...onal-Wallpaper-Paint-Co/76996162827?ref=share

Scroll down, and look in the bottom left corner, and you will see something that says:

Create a page for my business

And there you go.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did the same thing but caught myself early and switched right away. The thing is i want my biz page to do some of the stuff group and fan pages do but apparently thats not possible..the way it is set up....well it's set up to try and get business's to buy advertising on the site. It ends up being another site that i have a love/hate relationship with.

·
Paint to ride!
230 Posts
yes it is. Let me try it again and see if I can get it to work. Errr.. I know others have had this same problem and it sucks.

I set up a buisness page not to be publicly viewed yet and click off and now I can't get it back no link no nothing where is it????:eek:

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Do a search in facebook for pages using your business name or look on the bottom left of your FB page, should say Ads and Pages.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Facebook has IMO some issues with layout. I erased and started over the biz page and this time it is good, still can't see the page, have to find a link to it to get to it :mad:

but anyway yeah it is a new page. Oh well, won't be hard to rebuild.

·
Paint to ride!
230 Posts
Do a search in facebook for pages using your business name or look on the bottom left of your FB page, should say Ads and Pages.

My FB page shows no adds or pages icon, just The f and all those little ones to the right! FB has some navagation problems it would seem.:eek:

·
The Lurker
3,514 Posts
when creating an actual biz page you should be a fan from the start... If you try and create a personal page with a biz name that's a different story...

·
Paint to ride!
230 Posts
I set up a buisness page not to be publicly viewed yet and click off and now I can't get it back no link no nothing where is it????:eek:
I guess ya have to waite 24 hr's to get your buisness page to show up, typed it in today and wala there it was, but it said it had not yet been published and to click here in red to activate,I did that and there is my page.:thumbup: Now to get all my info in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts