Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
ArcherThePainter
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Purdy clearcut from ThePaintStore, when I receive the brush, I found it looks different, at least the casing. And the top of the bristle, feel little bit rough than the XL series, Is it real? or a fake one.
1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
i gota few brushes last week an noticed the same thing about Purdy.........i picked it up an was ''damn whats this crap??''.............didnt really get into it but somethin just wasnt right...........JUNK an what about the ''made by'' stickers?? lol ........:no:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Hey Bender, your on top....I think he likes you.

·
SeHablaEspañol
843 Posts
My SW rep talked to me into Purdy, I just got the same Purdy brushes for my guys and myself couple of weeks ago, I seriously gave it all the chances I could possibly give... Ended up being an expensive and useless duster (Bristles are wayyyy too thin, doesn't even work good as a duster)

·
ArcherThePainter
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the reply, yes, clear cut seems not as good as before, feels like a broom!

Pity, I bought three.......

I might change to XL again, when you wanna to change your tools, the new one seems worse than the original.........

shame purdy!

·
Registered
347 Posts
All of Purdy's brushed are flagged on the end, where the filament tip is "exploded" if you will, except for the clearcut. The clearcut is a straight filament. This is the same design as the old SW shertip brush.

The last picture on your post looks like a sash brush, not angled except for the metal ferrule.

·
ArcherThePainter
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it is angle sash brush, I meant to use it for oil, finish the windows. but the filament is too stiff........ Does it work well on windows cutting? I mean oil paint for finish coat.

·
Administrator
20,037 Posts
Call Purdy and ask to speak to the person who's name is on the little yellow sticker on the brush. He or she quality checked it - ask them WTF???
My cutting in brush of choice is still the Purdy Pro-Extra and I haven't noticed any decline in quality - yet. That's the only Purdy brush I currently use.

Reactions: ArcherThePainter

·
Painting & More
564 Posts
My SW rep talked to me into Purdy, I just got the same Purdy brushes for my guys and myself couple of weeks ago, I seriously gave it all the chances I could possibly give... Ended up being an expensive and useless duster (Bristles are wayyyy too thin, doesn't even work good as a duster)
I am also disappointed in the clearcut glide. Used to like Purdy. May have to revert back to the thread about favorite brushes last year. Lots of guys mentioned Corona, but I'd have to order online and like to feel them beforehand.

·
Administrator
20,037 Posts
Sort of like any brush - there are some Corona brushes that I use depending on what I'm doing. I like their OxSlim - a china bristle and ox ear hair blend for oil enamel work.
If your supplier doesn't normally stock Coronas ask them to order you in a few to try them out. My supplier will often do that for me at cost on different brands/types of brushes just to see for themselves what they are like.

Reactions: A+HomeWork
1 - 20 of 44 Posts