Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Yep, use it often on mid-lower budget jobs. Very decent paint for the price. The latex is not that great for trim/doors as it has poor blocking resistance, but I like the eggshell wall paint. The flat is kinda chalky.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What would you guys compare it to from sherwin Williams. I was told that the premium flat is the same as midsouth acrylic. I find that hard to believe. The premium flat seems to cover very well and goes forever square footage wise. Thoughts? Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
What would you guys compare it to from sherwin Williams. I was told that the premium flat is the same as midsouth acrylic. I find that hard to believe. The premium flat seems to cover very well and goes forever square footage wise. Thoughts? Thanks for the replies
I have never used or tried any. But my assumption, based on this being a regional paint company that has been around for a while, their quality should be far, far above what SW has in any given price range.

Reactions: slinger58

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
The service at our SW here in jc is pathetic. Jamie and everyone at Farrell Calhoun are great to deal with, I won't even buy sandpaper at SW. :whistling2:

This is true. Those guys go out of their way to please (FC) Even willing to make small deliveries of a gallon or two if you get in a pinch.

The SW in Elizabethton is pretty good. The manager and some employees have been around a while and know their stuff pretty good. The one in JC is manned by clueless college kids. I was in there last week and asked for the best deal on flake resistant plastic for masking some cabinet boxes. The clerk tried to sell me some 3mil Husky;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is true. Those guys go out of their way to please (FC) Even willing to make small deliveries of a gallon or two if you get in a pinch.

The SW in Elizabethton is pretty good. The manager and some employees have been around a while and know their stuff pretty good. The one in JC is manned by clueless college kids. I was in there last week and asked for the best deal on flake resistant plastic for masking some cabinet boxes. The clerk tried to sell me some 3mil Husky;)
I agree the SW in Elizabethton is definitely better, I like Andy and bebo. I bet it was Mitchell that tried to sell u husky plastic... :lol: Everytime he's in there I'm like :wallbash:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep. I used to look down my nose at the guys locally who used it (I was a Sherwin Williams only at the time) UNTIL I tried it. Now it’s all I use pretty much (their 699 primer is latex but sands out as slick as an oil base primer from Sherwin Williams and I haven’t had any issues with bleeding ever.)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I use their interior products regularly and it is very popular here. What problems did you have with it?
Well, it wasn't actually at gunpoint. I got my artistic license renewed last week and I thought I'd embellish a bit. I had to use it on a commercial job about 12 years back and just recall not being impressed at all, particularly with touching up. It's not horrible. I'd just never make it my first choice. It's funny- I'd talk with other painters and everybody pretty much agreed it wasn't all that and, invariably they'd add, "Their stain's real good though."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts