Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
BM Regal Matte

Mine too,but I have found "touch ups" at least in dark colors to be problematic.

·
Ohio Painting Contractor
275 Posts
Dark colors are always hard to touch up no matter what product you use.

For Drywall
1.) Promar 200 satin it's low gloss and more washable this is good for foyer's and bedrooms not bathrooms and laundry rooms.
2.) Super Satin little more glossy and washable kitchens and baths
3.) Duration matte same gloss as super paint but very high priced. Great for dark colors good coverage low sheen very washable.

·
speed comes with quality
190 Posts
I'm going back on what I said about ICI(but thats for high performance coating systems) but sw duration is a fine product and property management is a good one also.and porter paints vinyl flat washes very well too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay, call me crazy... Valspar "Signature Series" 100% acrylic interior premium

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
Duration hands down

someone mentioned it's pricey-it's like anything else, the more you buy the better your prices get-I pay $33/gal...not too pricey for a superior product

·
Registered
18 Posts
SW Cashmere is a good alternative to Duration

The low-lustre has slightly less sheen than Duration matte, and the medium-Lustre is just less than Duration satin... Covers a little bit better, and 1/2 the cost of Duration. While they claim it drags less for less painter fatigue - my guys haven't noticed the difference, but it does flow out better than Super or Duration Home.

Just easier to mark up a $18 gallon than a $34 one!

·
Super Moderator
9,507 Posts
WOW, duration must be super shiny for a matte since Cashmere low luster is way too shiny for my taste on walls.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts