Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the advertising game and have found some great information on the this website. I plan on seding out some mailers and other types of advertising but I have limited funds and want to target the right type of demographic. I have many type of communities in the area. Established neighborhoods with the homes 30+ years old, new subdivisions 5 years and less, and everything in between. I just want to spend my money and effot on what might work best. Thanks, Mike

· Flog a Mocker
1,493 Posts
I am new to the advertising game and have found some great information on the this website. I plan on seding out some mailers and other types of advertising but I have limited funds and want to target the right type of demographic. I have many type of communities in the area. Established neighborhoods with the homes 30+ years old, new subdivisions 5 years and less, and everything in between. I just want to spend my money and effot on what might work best. Thanks, Mike
Shrek, I mean Mike, before you can target the right demographic you/we have to know what your market is? Interior, Exterior, Repaints, Custom, Apartments, New, etc.

Interior look for a lot of turnover in the neighborhoods or established neighborhoods with empty nesters.

Exterior target wooded where mildew and moisture is bad and the house may be unsightly to the home owner or there may be wood rot in between long painting intervals. Neighborhoods in the 7-10 year old range means that the cheap contractor paint is gone.

What exactly are you selling?

4,698 Posts
We do interior and exterior residential and some commercial repaints. We target all areas from the wealthy to the not so wealthy and everything in between. Shoot for all the stars my brother.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking for interior repaints. I am a career firefighter with a schedule that permits me to paint about 30+ hours a week. I do not plan on expanding my business past my brother and myself. I do not need a ton of work but I would like consistent work. I know I am probably answering some of my own questions, but I was just curious what demographic seemed to be most responsive. Thanks, Mike

· FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
Mike
I would target apartments and condo's with your limited experience and timeframes. These could be pretty profitable if you can get in with a realtor or 2 or even a property management company.

You must remember, customers usually want things done yesterday so the more you can work around your schedule the better :thumbsup: ...and by doing smaller jobs, you can do that more effectively

Hope I helped and good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.