Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone get this email offer today from a Festool dealer?

One of the local stores is selling this sander at a kick-azz price.

A professional-quality sander at an AMAZING PRICE,
the Festool PRO 5 LTD is now available for pre-order at $129.00.
AND when you buy the PRO 5 LTD you also receive a $50 voucher
for a future Festool purchase

The sustainer alone is worth about $70.00

I'm going to pick one up tomorow. It has a bigger motor than my Festool ETS 125 EQ sander.

heck of deal.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was the same $99
$129 Canadian = $99 USD

Are you going to buy one?...There has to be a catch. Is that sander variable speed? Was it made with inferior parts? Why is it a limited run?

Festool is not known for their generosity.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
$129 Canadian = $99 USD

Are you going to buy one?...There has to be a catch. Is that sander variable speed? Was it made with inferior parts? Why is it a limited run?

Festool is not known for their generosity.[/quote
It's marketing. They are looking to snag dome 1st time festool user. It would also be unwise and out of character for them to make it cheap for this purpose.
Thanks for the heads up in this.
I'll be ordering 3-4.

·
Super Moderator
9,460 Posts
2 ordered. I have 2-3 of that kind already. Plus many more. But, at that price it is cheaper than the repairs when I needed a couple fixed, once the vouchers are figured in. Shoot, since I needed new power cords (the connections where going bad), it is actually cheaper than the repair cost by quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I received an email for toolnut.com with this offer. I'm gonna pull the trigger on it and get a track saw with the $50 voucher.

It's one of those instances where it's too good of a deal to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer who sent me that offer sold the 10 sanders they got from Festool almost instantly. But the story gets better, as I went to their website online and ordered it!

I'm glad because my ETS 125 is getting a little tired after about 4-5 years of continuous use. It still works but the power seems to be reduced a bit on the top level of the dial. I also just replaced the pad and it cost me about $60. My ETS-125 gets the most use of all my sanders by a large margin for interior work. This Limited edition supposedly has a much more powerful motor.

With the $50 voucher I'll buy some sandpaper or bags for my ct26 dust extractor

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone connect two Festool (dust extractor) hoses together for their sanders?

If I had an easy way to store it I might buy an extra hose for my ct26 extractor. Has anyone found a some clamps (or whatever) that keeps the hoses nice and tight? Those twist ties are nice for extension cords but this hose would need 3-4 of them...Or maybe a bag of some sort? Maybe a sustainer? Those types of hoses are not easy to store in a small footprint unless it is inside the vacuum compartment.

Believe it or not that is the main reason why I haven't got one in the past. I have enough stuff in my van to organize already.

·
Super Moderator
6,798 Posts
Does anyone connect two Festool (dust extractor) hoses together for their sanders?

If I had an easy way to store it I might buy an extra hose for my ct26 extractor. Has anyone found a some clamps (or whatever) that keeps the hoses nice and tight? Those twist ties are nice for extension cords but this hose would need 3-4 of them...Or maybe a bag of some sort? Maybe a sustainer? Those types of hoses are not easy to store in a small footprint unless it is inside the vacuum compartment.

Believe it or not that is the main reason why I haven't got one in the past. I have enough stuff in my van to organize already.
I do it all the time. You have to buy a connecter that lets you plug them in, make sure the whole thing is anti-static. When I first did it the price they sold to connect it wasn't and it shocked the crap outta me.

I have a larger sustainer that cam with the cleaning kit so I keep the extra hose in that. I normally only do it for two story areas or higher cathedral ceilings so I keep it in the garage and only bring it as needed.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Busy day and just sat down to order and they are out of stock. Should have known and done it this morning.

·
Administrator
19,580 Posts
My supplier called and left a message. Called back within the hour and he said they were sold out. Said he's ordered more and will set one aside for me. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

I bought an extra 16' hose for my midi. It comes in a box, yes cardboard not a systainer, but it stores it just fine and has the couplers (not included) and a brush in there too. Box is a year old and in fine condition still.

Btw for the 27mm midi hose you have to buy 2 seperate parts to hook it up. Hose $200, hose end adapter and coupler together $50.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
My local store has 40 coming in they have 8 sold so far. Muahaha I put my name down for one.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I bought an extra 16' hose for my midi. It comes in a box, yes cardboard not a systainer, but it stores it just fine and has the couplers (not included) and a brush in there too. Box is a year old and in fine condition still.

Btw for the 27mm midi hose you have to buy 2 seperate parts to hook it up. Hose $200, hose end adapter and coupler together $50.
Bosch sells an antistatic hose (longer than Festools) for $89 which should fit any Festool vacuum. They also sell the connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-5-Mete...8&qid=1345668640&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+vac008

I got the above link from a Festool group discussion on this topic. http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-jigs-tool-enhancements/alternative-to-festool-antistatic-hose/

I use a Porter Cable 7800 wall sander and their hose also fits my CT-26. It's not antistatic, but I've never had a problem with it. PC might sell an antistatic hose,but I haven't checked.

Festool hoses are ridiculously priced. Those connectors should be $10 each.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Bosch sells an antistatic hose which should fit any Festool vacuum. They also sell the connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-5-Mete...8&qid=1345668640&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+vac008

I got the above link from a Festool group discussion on this topic. http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-jigs-tool-enhancements/alternative-to-festool-antistatic-hose/

I use a Porter Cable 7800 wall sander and their hose also fits my CT-26. It's not antistatic, but I've never had a problem with it. PC might sell an antistatic hose,but I haven't checked.

Festool hoses are ridiculously priced. Those connectors should be $10 each.
Thanks for the tips on Bosch. I have a Bosch sander that hooks right on to festool hose.
I think the festool connector should be included with an extension hose, or make the hose connect too itself.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts