Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Ohio Painting Contractor
275 Posts
Pro Wall you have a great comparison form I think most contractors would benefit from it and greatly appreciate. The employee handbook generater is also a great tool. To anyone who may need a 10-page employee manual I would be happy to share with. If anyone needs something specific email me at [email protected]

I also know a great guy that's a member on paint talk he offers custom safety and training manuals and documents specific to your needs. Which is geat for commercial and large scale nnew construction jobs.

I have hundreds of legal customized forms and documents pertaining to everything imaginable pertaining to running, managing, and operating a successful painting company. I do lack experience in the industrial and commercial field all of our material is geared towards residential. We have templates and a magnitude of professional advertising material that can be easily customized to your specific needs.

I am in the need of excelling spreadsheets pertaining to commercial estimating for painting contractors. If anyone has anything please email me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have wanted to share some stuff for a while, but I forgot this thread was here.

First file is a very simple but highly effective Change Order contract. I think I actually got it from ProWallGuy. I can't remember if he emailed it to me or if he posted it on another board. I hope it's OK to post!

The second is an Intent To Lien form which is required in most states. It was posted by Grumpy on CT.com a while back.

The third is a simple calculator I made in Excel. I find it really useful for calculating wall space and the amount of product needed for large interior projects.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If I can't close the deal right away, I leave this form with the customer to help differentiate myself from the rest of the hacks... Credit goes to Mike Z. from Safe & Simple Wallpaper Removal for this form, thanks Mike!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is printed on the back of the estimate request sheet and it goes with me to the estimate. I use it to check off special or out-of-the-ordinary equipment or tools that might be needed for the job so I don't forget them when I write up the bid, or load up for the job...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I keep these handy for estimates. I use these for primarily designer work, which may have multiple colors/patterns in one area. It's also nice to be able to sketch a scale drawing of the area when needed...

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
anybody have a legal document for employee's and subs about not working for or stealing customers if they leave you?
The problem with non-compete agreements is enforceability.
I had a sub steal a job I'd landed (long story), and he had signed a non-compete agreement.

I called my lawyer and was told:
- I'd have to go to court (takes time).
- By the time I got an injunction, the sub would have completed the job.
- I could sue the sub but that means lawyer fees.
- Chances are the sub wouldn't have the money to pay, anyway.

I walked away from it.
But I did call the city's town clerk and building inspector to alert them to the fact that an unlicensed painter was doing work at (address).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Subcontractor agreement form

Does anyone have a subcontractor liability release form that your subs sign to release you from damages caused by them....

1 - 20 of 97 Posts