Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Girl Boss
516 Posts
I absolutely adore David and John. His projects are always fun.

That carpeting on the steps reminds me of a job in Georgetown. All I remember is the house was built by some guy that envisioned the first computer. Anyway, the crazy carpet room had carnival mirrors on the main wall.

Edit- Hollerith House. I remember ‘white washing/graining’ the balustrades and handrail on four flights of stairs, among other things.

I feel like our paths may have crossed somewhere in the past 20 years.

Have you ever worked with Mary Douglass Drysdale?

YOU’VE DONE WORK FOR MARY D?!! I’m BEYOND jealous...she was one of my very first designer obsessions back before internet when I had to rent books from the library to keep up,..oh man, what I wouldn’t give to work a job she touched.

·
Girl Boss
516 Posts

Absolutely amazing work as always lynn!

Loved reading the progression...had some moments of empathetic eye rolling & could almost hear/picture the client haha.

The “stopped sanding cuz I was told I was being too picky (aka taking too long)” had me- I’m always too picky n even if ya try n rush me I’m like a little kid....I’ll find a way to sneak back n keep at it till I’m comfortable w/ the result. Its almost painful to leave somethin as “good enough” even if no one else can see the ‘issue’ hah

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Absolutely amazing work as always lynn!

Loved reading the progression...had some moments of empathetic eye rolling & could almost hear/picture the client haha.

The “stopped sanding cuz I was told I was being too picky (aka taking too long)” had me- I’m always too picky n even if ya try n rush me I’m like a little kid....I’ll find a way to sneak back n keep at it till I’m comfortable w/ the result. Its almost painful to leave somethin as “good enough” even if no one else can see the ‘issue’ hah
Yeah....I usually sneak around too and ‘fix’ things that I don’t like. It’s a sickness, haha.

YOU’VE DONE WORK FOR MARY D?!! I’m BEYOND jealous...she was one of my very first designer obsessions back before internet when I had to rent books from the library to keep up,..oh man, what I wouldn’t give to work a job she touched.
Wow! A fan! MDD is a freakin’ genius. You really have to be patient with her projects, though. It was commonplace with my former employer to charge double on her projects because she ALWAYS did things twice. The last time I worked with her was at Marwood.Her sense of color is unmatched.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Yeah....I usually sneak around too and ‘fix’ things that I don’t like. It’s a sickness, haha.
Glad to know I’m not the only one...I’ve often perceived it as a disease rather than just a mild sickness. I got a chuckle over both yours and PPD’s comment about sneaking back in..I’ve done that way more times than I’d care to admit..

·
Girl Boss
516 Posts
Glad to know I’m not the only one...I’ve often perceived it as a disease rather than just a mild sickness. I got a chuckle over both yours and PPD’s comment about sneaking back in..I’ve done that way more times than I’d care to admit..

Hmmm must be a finisher problem ;) its that creative side...we can’t let it be till it comes close to how we imagined it! So glad to know I’m not the only one who stresses myself out & remains persistent

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.