Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a gamble on if it was going to rain today and lost. Been pretty good at it this year so far. Like most of you, it's been a rainy year for me. Been burning up the interiors while the exteriors sit. Have an exterior in progress, and last friday I decided not to bring forward another interior. We just need to start pushing the exteriors, we are backed up so much.

So I'm sitting in the office playing on PT this morning. Go figure! I was productive over the weekend and got all caught up on office work. Feeling a little guilty about not having much to do. :yes:

Maybe a little equipment maintence in the afternoon. ;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
We go to the site if it is not raining at start time.

It was dreary and cloudy all day a couple of days ago. It looked like rain, but we took a chance and sprayed an entire aluminum house, two stories with a large addition on back.

So glad I stuck to my guns. It was beautiful by 6pm.

We used Resilience just in case it rained. Next day we trimmed and had it done by lunch. Cha-Ching!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Weather forecast seems mostly accurate only within 1-2 days. Extended forecast --the more I check, the longer my exteriors delay.

Something I've learned lately:

30% chance of rain: It's not gonna rain.
40%-50%: It's likely gonna rain for 5-10 minutes.
60%-70%: Looks like it's gonna rain anytime soon. Interior jobs.
>70%: Umbrella.

·
Super Moderator
9,485 Posts
What really gets me is following the radar, one site will show rain that is not there in reality, another will show no rain when it is raining. Some show more rain than others at the same day but none of them are consistently more dialed in to be able to count on them at all times without looking at multiple radar sites.

I am up to 4 weather apps plus the local news/weather app on the ipad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts