Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Still getting smal bubbles that form at the face of the film almost immediately. I did what coco said and checked the lid and it was good. It mostly happens over walls that have been coated. Sometimes on fresh mud. I have to blow on them pretty hard(I know painters are full of hot air) to get them to pop and dry out. I certainly cannot do that above 6’ off the floor. They do dry in and I have to sand after a wall prime which is completely ass backwards. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,580 Posts
Still getting smal bubbles that form at the face of the film almost immediately. I did what coco said and checked the lid and it was good. It mostly happens over walls that have been coated. Sometimes on fresh mud. I have to blow on them pretty hard(I know painters are full of hot air) to get them to pop and dry out. I certainly cannot do that above 6’ off the floor. They do dry in and I have to sand after a wall prime which is completely ass backwards. Any other suggestions?

Maybe turn the heat down a bit? Problem with these super primers is that they dry so fast. I wonder if there was an issue with some flats of paint freezing during transport. Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
601 Posts
This happened to me, recently, with Sherwin-Williams pre-cat epoxy. I had 4 gallons of it and only one gallon acted up. Lots of micro bubbles immediately, both brushing and rolling. Must be something wrong with the paint.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

Hi quality resin over poor quality paint. Fresh mud still has evaporation of solvent causing bubbles or residual dust reacting with the coalescence process. May have to use an oil primer that’s solvent is inert to low quality binders. Like using water based paints on popcorn ceilings. The water dissolves the binder and pulls the system off. Similar to calcimine on a ceiling.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts