Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to this site and find it very informative.i am a painting contractor for over 20 yrs up here on long island.as all of you,have met many people and seen many things.enough to write a book,i guess.this one stands out.in mid august 08 i have a meeting set up with a potential client.i arrive and am greeted by a young couple and two rather large dogs.dogs are very friendly and are jumping on me to say hello.i dont mind because i have two dogs of my own.the dogs leave the room and i get on with my presentation.the couple sits on the couch and i remain standing,talking.all of a sudden the two dogs sneak up behind me and jump some more.one of their paws gets stuck in the elastic wasteband and pulls my shorts all the way down to my ankles.only problem wasis that i wasnt wearing any underwear.i am standing there naked,10 ft from them.silence overcomes the room.i pull em up and quickly exit.did not get the work.gee,i wonder why?maybe they didnt like the package i was presenting?:eek:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Interesting 2nd post.
Once I was Bartending at night. we were working at a house, painting the Interior. The HO said that she was going out to buy some food. She said that she would be back in an hour or so. I had slept about 4 hours over the course of two days. Well I sat on the couch for a second.....well....I fell asleep and woke up to the HO putting the food on the island. I jumped up and she said, no, no, no..I don't mind if you sleep. Now that is a great customer. I also fell asleep in a loft while cutting in the base. I slept for so long that when I woke up, the paint was dry on my brush.
Oh those were the days.

·
Paint Nerd
378 Posts
i am new to this site and find it very informative.i am a painting contractor for over 20 yrs up here on long island.as all of you,have met many people and seen many things.enough to write a book,i guess.this one stands out.in mid august 08 i have a meeting set up with a potential client.i arrive and am greeted by a young couple and two rather large dogs.dogs are very friendly and are jumping on me to say hello.i dont mind because i have two dogs of my own.the dogs leave the room and i get on with my presentation.the couple sits on the couch and i remain standing,talking.all of a sudden the two dogs sneak up behind me and jump some more.one of their paws gets stuck in the elastic wasteband and pulls my shorts all the way down to my ankles.only problem wasis that i wasnt wearing any underwear.i am standing there naked,10 ft from them.silence overcomes the room.i pull em up and quickly exit.did not get the work.gee,i wonder why?maybe they didnt like the package i was presenting?:eek:
This might be the funniest story I have read on here yet. Absolutely hilarious!

·
Registered
121 Posts
My partner I were quoting a job for a first time potential client. While we are discussing the job the dog starts humping my leg. I brush him off a couple of times. Then after about ten minutes of this the dog starts going FULL Tilt on my leg and obviously it was an uncomfortable situatioin.

While the dog is doing 120mph on my leg I say, "is there anyway we can stop him from doing this"

The H/O says, "Oh dont worry Mike, he humps everyone and everything but nothing comes out"

·
Registered
20 Posts
"...he's got a bit of Mississippi leg hound in him Clark...if 'e gets ahold of ya it's best just to let him ride it out....." Eddie - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ahahahah epic stories!

i almost walked in on a customer in the bathroom.. not very funny but uncomfortable.. i just got the door open enough to see in side (she was on the head) .. she screamed IM IN HERE! i slammed the door shut.. and scurried of to the other room yelling SORRRYYY!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts