Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to offer garage epoxy service and wondering if anyone is currently doing this type of work. What product are you using or recommend? I did a job using a product sold by Performance Epoxy-Coat and was not thrilled. The product had a fast drying time (I think 40 mins or so) and had issues with air pockets and moisture. Another product that i am sampling is from Floorguard Products that I have not used on a job yet, but know of a company here in CT that is currently using it and seems to have good results.

Really appreciate all the feedback!
Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
I quit doing this type of work years ago, but have a few buddies that do it fairly often. I asked them and they use Corotech V155 pre-prime and two coats of V400 Polyamide Epoxy or V440 Waterborne Amine Epoxy. They like the V400 for its toughness, but also mentioned that all good garage floor jobs are the result of great prep. They scarify the floor with a machine, vacuum up the dust, treat with etching solution, then hit it with the system mentioned above. They have also used General Polymers, but didn't remember the product options. You can have an average coating system (made for floors obviously) with perfect prep to create a great final product. Always print out the technical pages to figure out what solvents to use and the specifics, such as sweat in time or pot life.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking to offer garage epoxy service and wondering if anyone is currently doing this type of work. What product are you using or recommend? I did a job using a product sold by Performance Epoxy-Coat and was not thrilled. The product had a fast drying time (I think 40 mins or so) and had issues with air pockets and moisture. Another product that i am sampling is from Floorguard Products that I have not used on a job yet, but know of a company here in CT that is currently using it and seems to have good results.

Really appreciate all the feedback!
Thanks
If you are getting into Metallic pigment floors, Corotech's 100% Solids Epoxy (V430) is a great product, then topcoat with either the Moisture Cure Urethane (V580) or Polyaspartic (V531) if you need to get back on it quicker, Full cure in 24 hours.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rust Oleum now owns Seal Krete, they offer a variety of products depending on what you want to accomplish. Their Epoxy Shell 1000 EPL (Extended Pot Life) is very good for first timers and smaller crews, about an hour pot life. Also, their support is very good. Talk with a Rust Oleum rep, as many times I have used RO products as the primer / seal coat and Seal Krete as the top and UV coats.

http://hp.seal-krete.com/home/

Just remember with epoxy flooring it's all about prep!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts