1,030 Posts
Isn't that a Jackson Browne song....

Are you there
Say a prayer
for the double intender
who started out so young
and strong
something about a fender....???
Talk about double-intenders- I've heard what "******* Friend" is really about. :vs_blush:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I see it just like a bag but with organization. I could go for a bag like that as well. Of course the test of the pudding is in the eating. I've bought things before that seemed like a good idea but in reality failed to work out.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
My former BIL used a Flobee way back when. We teased him about it but, his hair looked good.
I was just kidding, I never really had one...some guys just look good no matter what you do to them, your BIL must have been one of those guys.

I did have a Popeil Pocket Fisherman...that was definitely a bad purchase.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I was just kidding, I never really had one...some guys just look good no matter what you do to them, your BIL must have been one of those guys.

I did have a Popeil Pocket Fisherman...that was definitely a bad purchase.:biggrin:
There's probably a joke in there somewhere about the Popeil Pocket Fisherman snagging a trouser trout if you put it in your pocket, but it sounds painful so, I won't make it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If I had a crew I could see giving everyone one of those backpacks. It would weigh a ton, but crew members could probably carry a high % of all the hand tools they’d likely be using a daily basis in the backpacks.

My biggest frustration with most storage bins is that rarely include built-in slots so you can put dividers inside the bins.

Despite all the bins that are available and systems from Milwaukee, Dewalt, etc... it still seems like their is so much room for innovation in the tool storage market in the construction industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you ever used any backpacks for transporting all your gear? I've seen on https://backpacks.global/compare/features/backpack-with-luggage-handle-pass-through/ many bags with a fully molded water-resistant base that stands a couple of inches above the ground, guarding against ground moisture, mud, slush, as well as fraying, rips, and tears if the pack is dragged against concrete or other abrasive surfaces. That's why they seem to be very comfortable and way more practical than bucket tool bags. Generally, I'm more for rucksacks because they're bulky, and I end up stuffing everything in them, while meter bags are too little, and I wind up running to the truck too often for things I like to have on me anyway. Any thoughts about this?

·
Premium Member
15,554 Posts
The problem with a tool back pack is 1.) It begs to be over loaded. 2.) It requires you to lift it up and over your shoulders, placing a lot of un-necessary strain on the lower back. And 3.) It adds un-necessary weight when climbing ladders.

In contrast, the five gallon bucket doesn't require much lifting above knee height, and can be easily raised and lowered by rope and hook.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts