Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
20,265 Posts
I go through an independent insurance agent and have my policy with the Contractors Bonding & Insurance Company (CBIC).

General liability coverage of $2,000,000 ($884) and a bond of $15,000 ($150) per year.

I'm rated on doing interior painting only.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
For our libiliaty ins we use PREFFERRED MUTUAL, I save some money with my ins agent since I have 2 cars, renters ins, life ins, atv ins and, lib ins and our work comp. I save around 25-30% per year going this route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome info, I'm also waiting on quote coming in the morning from GIA, I'll report back on this this thread when I get it, thanks to all who replied so far

·
Renovation And Remodeling
3 Posts
Best to reach-out to an insurance broker (several) to get quotes on a policy. That will be the best way to get a "fair" price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I'm working on getting multiple quotes, quite a few companies told me to call back tomorrow cause of the hurricane that hit NJ they are super busy

·
Administrator
20,265 Posts
Around renewal time I get a flurry of stuff in the mail from other companies wanting me to switch. I like my agent plus I've never had a rate increase so I'm happy where I am.

·
Super Moderator
7,024 Posts
So I got my state farm quote today. General liability 1,000,000 / 2,000,000 $279 for the year. I was paying around $800 in pa (not sure if it differs from state to state.) A $10,000 bond for $100.

I don't remember how much the business auto was but I switched my personal auto to them from Allstate and save $50 a month.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
My company American Family has been good ,the agent makes the difference, but they dropped my coverage because we do exteriors and spray. Make sure you have that in your policy. Many companies will not cover exterior spray. It might be best to deal with a business only insurance company.

·
Lambrecht Painting
1,607 Posts
My policy covers all interior/exterior painting up to 3 stories high and wallcovering 1516.00 a year
You getting screwed on your insurance. Yours sounds like basic run of the mill paint contractor insurance which should be around 6- 700 a year. I would suggests spending a little time and finding a different company.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Alot of commercial g.c.s are requiring an additional insured which is another $100or so per job as well as an umbrella policy which just cost me another $750 per year for a 5 million dollar policy.
I rank insurance cos. right there with lawyers and architects.Below whale s...
Ask the Sandy survivors what they think about ins. cos.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts